ndgayan

Dec 28, 2010
Michigan
www.facebook.com
This is Honeycomb Official Boot Animation

Instructions (rooted users):
1. Download the bootanimation.zip file to your SD card
2. Open Root Explorer and copy the file to /data/local
3. Rename file to bootanimation.zip (if the name is NOT already bootanimation.zip)
4. Reboot your device and enjoy your new boot animation

I attach 2 files. First one is original Xoom's boot animation and second one is edited resolution in to g tab

Note - Screen may be blank if bootanimation.zip doesn't work but the device SHOULD still boot up properly :)

14mwpl.png

Thanks to "deepowder2012" for this video

Attachments

• bootanimation.zip
    2 MB · Views: 2,012
Last edited:

Beck221

Jun 14, 2010
How would one go about installing this? Flash the zip in CMR?

Some instructions are different depending on the device you want to install it on but these instructions seem to work well for me on most of the phones and stuff I've used. There are other instructions and other ways of doing this so if you don't have Root Explorer installed check around.

This is just a copy of the instructions I use...I don't remember where I found them...

3. Rename file to bootanimation.zip (if the name is NOT already bootanimation.zip)

Note - Screen may be blank if bootanimation.zip doesn't work but the device SHOULD still boot up properly :)

Last edited:

rrgreentree

Jan 20, 2011
Some instructions are different depending on the device you want to install it on but these instructions seem to work well for me on most of the phones and stuff I've used. There are other instructions and other ways of doing this so if you don't have Root Explorer installed check around.

This is just a copy of the instructions I use...I don't remember where I found them...

Awesome. Can anyone confirm this works on the G-Tab Vegan/TNT Lite ROMs?

GTablet

Nov 22, 2010
It's a standard bootanimation - it should work on any Android device.

However, it's set to use a high screen resolution - you might want to open the zip and update the settings to be used for a 1024x600 screen.

Looks fantastic on my GTab; changes the resolution per Roebeet!

itmgr99

Jan 8, 2011
Yes.... change the resolution settings in that file... save it and when you reboot the animation looks soooooooooo much better!
I changed desc.txt from:

1408 880 24
p 0 0 part0

to:

1024 600 24
p 0 0 part0

...then dropped the file bootanimation.zip into /logodata using rootexplorer (renamed the original file first) and changed the permissions to match the original file.

On boot, it shows the first of the honeycomb images, but then stays on that - no animation. Am I missing something in the desc.txt file?

Thanks...

jpmi23

Oct 24, 2008
Detroit-Metro
twitter.com
That's strange. The only thing I changed was 1408 to 1024, and 880 to 600. You saw my video. Not sure what that's about.
Also, I added the bootanimation.zip to the /logodata, /system/media, and /data/local. Maybe that has something to do with it? I only did that because adding it to /logodata alone didn't do anything.

Mantara

Feb 12, 2011
Vancouver
That's strange. The only thing I changed was 1408 to 1024, and 880 to 600. You saw my video. Not sure what that's about.
Also, I added the bootanimation.zip to the /logodata, /system/media, and /data/local. Maybe that has something to do with it? I only did that because adding it to /logodata alone didn't do anything.

I have had to put any new boot animation into both /media and /logodata to get them to work. Any chance someone can link a resolution edited bootanimation.zip? I wont be anywhere near my PC to edit the file for a few days.

Oh and thanks for the video jpmi23, very cool.

itmgr99

Jan 8, 2011
Thanks for the suggestion but no dice - I copied the bootanimation.zip file to the other two directories & still no animation. Not sure what's up with that. I'm running TNTLite FWIW, don't see how that would affect it. Oh well... I'll futz with it some more in my spare time...

itmgr99

Jan 8, 2011
Wow - got it working, thanks... I copied the file down from your dropbox link - the desc.txt file looked the same.

I copied it into /logodata, still just one frame, no animation. I copied it into /system/media, and /data/local and overwrote the file I had originally copied there...

- and bingo! animation!

Not sure why it wasn't doing it from the get-go, but I'll take it!

Thanks again!

Top Liked Posts