• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Honeycomb *MAY* be ported to any phone, usable at lower DPI.

Search This thread

nex7er

Feb 3, 2008
Bergen
I've seen so many threads about honeycomb not being able to be put on phones, but that's actually quite wrong. If you select 130 as dpi instead of 160, it boots up just fine at 800x480 (try once or twice - even at 160 the emulator might load the wrong ui). :) I saw that the incredible and evo 4g ports were using the wrong ui - simply because of too high of a dpi for the resolution. Try 130 in your emulators.

So I wouldn't mind having a bit of honeycomb for you magicians who are into this whole scene.

Easy info, but hey - what am I here for? Haha.

wi39l4.jpg

No more FC of the launcher!

Last edited:

nex7er

Feb 3, 2008
Bergen
Honeycomb shows that UI whenever the DPI does not correspond to the resolution of the device. That port is with the dpi set at default (which should be either 160 or 240). Setting it to 130 or below loads the actual honeycomb interface. Try it yourself.

SupremeBeaver

Jun 10, 2010
Nicosia
The problem with that screenshot is that Honeycomb from what we've seen so far is intended to be used in landscape mode... but we primarily use our phones in portrait..