HoneyComb

• Thread starter Original Android <3ers!
  • Start date
Search This thread
J

jianC

Well, its been ported to semi-high end phones. Expect absolutely horrible performance from the sdk port to htc g1..

juangil

Jan 29, 2009
PhOeNiX ArIzOnA
HoneyComb

device2-1-1.png

Last edited:
J

jianC

Its much easier to take a snapshot while emulating in the sdk.. than posting a silly theme with a "honeycomb" wallpaper. lol..

Last edited:

yohshua

Retired Forum Mod / Retired Recognized Developer
Jul 13, 2008
New York City
well if you guys can get a new boot.img build with a ramdisk from one of the working honeycomb ports and a zimage from a working 32b kernel we can get something going

Reactions: chocobutter

zFr3eak

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 29, 2010
Salzburg
beatmod.wix.com
yes mainly for tablets. but some member like bypass portet it to the nexus one and it works... so if someone know how we get it boot PM me or yoshi ;)

bypass said we have to edit the boot.img and it will work but yet it only sitting in the htc logo.

Greets

Firerat

Feb 24, 2009
yes mainly for tablets. but some member like bypass portet it to the nexus one and it works... so if someone know how we get it boot PM me or yoshi ;)

bypass said we have to edit the boot.img and it will work but yet it only sitting in the htc logo.

Greets

you mean they compiled Android against android 3.0 sdk

its not the same thing

O

Original Android <3ers!

The let's get some... from the SDK for now ;].

O

Original Android <3ers!

Sure it'll kill our devices, but I'm sure we could clear out some crap and all that, I'm sure we can get it running at least.

Firerat

Feb 24, 2009
Sure it'll kill our devices, but I'm sure we could clear out some crap and all that, I'm sure we can get it running at least.

well, 2.3 was released not so long ago

it does seem clear that honeycomb has a different target to gingerbread,

the new features of honeycomb are mostly to take advantage of a larger screen size, and more processing power,
sure maybe it could be dumbed down for g1, but what would be the point?

I love my g1, but its time to move on soon, there comes a point when getting something to run on it for the sake of getting it to run becomes futile , by not moving on to better hardware we are ultimately missing out on the great features that an Android OS can give us when running on up to date hardware

I can get Linux to run on a Pentium3 , but why would I want to do that when I can run it on a quadcore intel ?

O

Original Android <3ers!

I'm moving on to the Evo mid-march, but why not try and make the most out of it?

Top Liked Posts