Honor 5x FRP Locked (Stock Recovery, Cyanogen Mod 13)

Search This thread

Lesafian

Jul 23, 2016
I have no idea what to do...

I was running July 18th's version of Cyanogen's Mod, my TZ Firmware was outdated, so I was not able to update to the new version of Cyanogen Mod 13 which supports the fingerprint scanner. So in order to update it, I would have to revert to EMUI, and the stock recovery. By mistake, before restoring to the stock OS, I restored to the stock recovery. In order to actually use the firmware update, I must have EMUI installed. So now I'm stuck, I can't install TWRP and revert because the FRP is locked. I have no idea how to unlock it. I don't have GApps installed so I can't add a google account (I believe I read that's what FRP lock is).

I'm a newbie when it comes to this and I'm in huge need of assistance, thank you all for your time.

towncarblue

Feb 17, 2015
i made the same mistake.....
you have to reinstall twrp , save stock recovery and stock rom on the external sd card .
fist you install the stock recovery , without restarting install the stock rom , wipe cache then restart phone

hrstoyanov

Dec 20, 2016
I am in a similar mess. I flashed the wrong build for my phone (KIW-UL00) and the FRP lock appeared (although the phone is rooted).
At this point adb does not recognize the device and fastboot cannot flash in stock recovery:

./fastboot flash recovery ~/Downloads/split_updata.pl/output/recovery.img
target reported max download size of 266338304 bytes
erasing 'system'...
ERROR: usb_read failed with status e00002e8
FAILED (status read failed (Undefined error: 0))
finished. total time: 0.001s

Huge mistake by HUAWEI - the 'forced upgrade' option they describe in the docs must never depend on the what is currently in the phone (system, boot or recovery).