[Honor 5x KIW-L21] Bricked

Search This thread

Bayont

Oct 15, 2016
Hello! Some day i want to downgrade my Marshmallow to Lollipop. I installed stock ROM to my Honor 5X but in older android - Lollipop 5.1. And I get bricked it. On start on screen i can see first-step logo honor after it i can see second-step honor's logo and here i wait 30 minutes and nothing 45 minutes and nothing. Worse is this I can't back to my stock Marshmallow, when I'm installing my previous ROM - MM i get the same brick on second-step logo. I installed a few more ROMs and nothing. My bootloader is unlocked but when i try to flash cust/system by fastboot appear an error. FAILED (remote: Command not allowed). I think i tried everything, thank for help me.
PS. Sorry for bad English :/
EDIT.1 I tried to use this method from Thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/honor-5x/help/ive-bricked-honor-5x-t3324225. But the same problem at fastboot.

Last edited:

DigiGoon

• cust and system won't get flashed on 5X, try force updating it with an UPDATE.APP package for your device.
    Put it inside dload folder in root of the Sdcard, and press all three buttons (Vol UP + Vol DOWN + Power) after switching off your phone, to start updating.

Sent from my PLK-L01 using Tapatalk

Bayont

Oct 15, 2016
    Thank you. But i tried to get ROM back by UPDATE.APP and when i want to go back to Marshmallow i get second-step honor logo and nothing after it. When i want to get Lollipop i have error "Software can't be installed" - something like that. I heard something about "Transition package" or "Downgrade Package" ? Maybe it can be work. But i can't find those packages for honor 5x KIW-L21. :)

DigiGoon

• Thank you. But i tried to get ROM back by UPDATE.APP and when i want to go back to Marshmallow i get second-step honor logo and nothing after it. When i want to get Lollipop i have error "Software can't be installed" - something like that. I heard something about "Transition package" or "Downgrade Package" ? Maybe it can be work. But i can't find those packages for honor 5x KIW-L21. :)
    If the Marshmallow update went through a bit, then you'll need transition package, so take on some pain to find it. It should be out there somewhere. :D

Reactions: muradulislam

clsA

Aug 28, 2010
    Central Florida
    That's maybe becouse i don't remove ROOT and Xposed before installing ROM, how to unroot by TWRP?

If you use the this version of TWRP > https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24588212152305793
    you can flash system.img and cust.img extracted from your Update.APP with HuaweiUpdateExtractor

fastboot boot twrp.img
    then copy the files to the phone
    then choose Install / Install Image / system.img or cust.img or recovery.img boot.img ..you choose

Also just saying your have a L21 does not help
    is it KIW-L21 C432 or KIW-L21 C185

Last edited:

Bayont

Oct 15, 2016
    Now i backed to B130 and i have loop with message Optimizing system... this process going to 100% and phone reboot. And it looping.

clsA

Aug 28, 2010
    Central Florida
    Now i backed to B130 and i have loop with message Optimizing system... this process going to 100% and phone reboot. And it looping.

your post tells us nothing about what you did, are we suppose to guess ?

if you successfully flashed System.img - boot .img - cust.img and recovery.img you can now use the dload / Update.app

Bayont

Oct 15, 2016
    Ok, one more time. When i'm installing any ROM B130 or B330, stock or official doesn't matter, the same problem. After installing rom by UPDATE.APP my phone booting and booting and booting and nothing. When i'm installing rom images by TWRP - boot, cust, system It's the same problem Booting, booting and nothing. When i tried to flash rom by fastboot i have error: FAILED (remote: Command not allowed). I would like to try this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/honor-5x/help/how-restore-cust-partition-t3356769 But i don't know how to access to adb shell: when i type "adb shell" in cmd where i have adb it say to me: error: device '(null)' not found. I don't know what to do more.

Bayont

Oct 15, 2016
    I think i found source of my problem. When i want to downgrade my system was B340.
    I read something about downgrade. Without Transition Package I can't downgrade my system I can install only the same (B340) or higher.
    This making brick when i'm installing B330 or B140.
    Now i'm trying to install OTA B340 and i have another problem,
    when i have B330 and installing B340 by small OTA 124MB I have stuck on 5% of installing. It becouse:
    EDIT 2 : If you come from B330, don't try to flash the small B340 update as local update has simply been disabled by theHuawei/Honor devs !
    Worse, with B340 you won't be able to downgrade to any lower version : at least not easily... INFO FROM: HERE
    But when i'm installing B130 by TWRP and upgrading to B340 by big upgrade (1,36GB) it's stucking on 0% and i get info: DO NOT UNPLUG....
    I think that becouse my version isn't B130 only B140. I'm checking it by DC-UNLOCKER. Output from it:
    Code:
    Found Phone         : KIW-L21
    Model               : Huawei phone in fastboot mode
    Serial NR.          : My Serial
    Firmware            : KIW-L21C432B140

FB LockState: LOCKED
    widevine LockState: UNLOCKED
    Bootloader Lock State: UNLOCKED
    Root State: ROOT
    Bootloader WidevineKey: WidevineKey_VALID
    System State: Bootloader in UNLOCKED state
    Bootloader Version: 001.001.000
    Battery state: battery is present
    Maybe I should Restore backup from diffrent KIW-L21 by TWRP?

clsA

Aug 28, 2010
    Central Florida
    I think i found source of my problem. When i want to downgrade my system was B340.
    I read something about downgrade. Without Transition Package I can't downgrade my system I can install only the same (B340) or higher.
    This making brick when i'm installing B330 or B140.
    Now i'm trying to install OTA B340 and i have another problem,
    when i have B330 and installing B340 by small OTA 124MB I have stuck on 5% of installing. It becouse:

But when i'm installing B130 by TWRP and upgrading to B340 by big upgrade (1,36GB) it's stucking on 0% and i get info: DO NOT UNPLUG....
    I think that becouse my version isn't B130 only B140. I'm checking it by DC-UNLOCKER. Output from it:
    Code:
    Found Phone         : KIW-L21
    Model               : Huawei phone in fastboot mode
    Serial NR.          : My Serial
    Firmware            : KIW-L21C432B140

FB LockState: LOCKED
    widevine LockState: UNLOCKED
    Bootloader Lock State: UNLOCKED
    Root State: ROOT
    Bootloader WidevineKey: WidevineKey_VALID
    System State: Bootloader in UNLOCKED state
    Bootloader Version: 001.001.000
    Battery state: battery is present
    Maybe I should Restore backup from diffrent KIW-L21 by TWRP?

Normally restoring a TWRP backup is no different than flashing System.img and boot.img
    your bootloop is firmware related ... you need the full B340 package

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Thank you. But i tried to get ROM back by UPDATE.APP and when i want to go back to Marshmallow i get second-step honor logo and nothing after it. When i want to get Lollipop i have error "Software can't be installed" - something like that. I heard something about "Transition package" or "Downgrade Package" ? Maybe it can be work. But i can't find those packages for honor 5x KIW-L21. :)
      If the Marshmallow update went through a bit, then you'll need transition package, so take on some pain to find it. It should be out there somewhere. :D