• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

honor 5x KIW-L21 random reboots

Search This thread

CptBill

Sep 21, 2008
Hello guys,

My girlfriend is using the honor 5X KIW-L21C432B350 version updated to marshmallow since the date it was officially released. The phone is running on stock version since we bought it.

The last 3-4 weeks the phone reboots randomly 1-2 days per day. It usually happens when the phone is not in use and it is idle.

I am clueless of what to do. We tried to factory reset the phone and reinstalled the applications she was using, problem reappeared again after 2 days.

Now i am using it with few apps installed, no dual sim card setup, no sd card installed. Any way to figure out what might be causing this problem?

clsA

Aug 28, 2010
Central Florida
Hello guys,

My girlfriend is using the honor 5X KIW-L21C432B350 version updated to marshmallow since the date it was officially released. The phone is running on stock version since we bought it.

The last 3-4 weeks the phone reboots randomly 1-2 days per day. It usually happens when the phone is not in use and it is idle.

I am clueless of what to do. We tried to factory reset the phone and reinstalled the applications she was using, problem reappeared again after 2 days.

Now i am using it with few apps installed, no dual sim card setup, no sd card installed. Any way to figure out what might be causing this problem?
It sounds like a hardware problem

Sent from my FRD-L04 using Tapatalk

Jelixis

Oct 13, 2013
Caguas
Try connecting the device via USB, entering developer options, enable the Keep screen awake option.

Then using ADB, record any unusual errors through the adb logcat command, if nothing important shows up then yes it is a hardware error. Otherwise, post it here.