Honor 5x truly bricked?

Search This thread

Nelor92

Dec 1, 2016
Manually install fastboot drivers as suggested by @xskull03...

Your device will be recognized...

Ok, now it lists my device but it says unauthorized in the command window.

Also, the computer still doesn't "recognize" the device as in, I still can't open any internal memory or sd card. However, it shows up on the device manager as "Android"

---------- Post added at 09:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 AM ----------

If your PC shows your device as "Unknown Device" and you have Fastboot+ADB+Google USB drivers installed, then follow these steps:
1. Open Device manager.
2. Right click on Unknown Device.
3. Update Driver Software.
4. Select "Browse my computer for driver software".
5. Select " Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer".
6. Select Google and on right side select Composite Fastboot Interface.
7. Click next and OK.

Your device should be recognized by now.

Also, the computer still doesn't "recognize" the device as in, I still can't open any internal memory or sd card. However, it shows up on the device manager as "Android"

---------- Post added at 09:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 AM ----------

ok, skip fastboot devices and try to flash recovery and tell me what it says..

Tried that and it just says waiting for device.

Romiui

Mar 4, 2012
Doha

---------- Post added at 09:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 AM ----------

---------- Post added at 09:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 AM ----------

change usb cable change ports try again with this method i was goind to advice this method for u throw whatsapp !

Quote:
Originally Posted by xskull03
If your PC shows your device as "Unknown Device" and you have Fastboot+ADB+Google USB drivers installed, then follow these steps:
1. Open Device manager.
7. Click next and OK.

xskull03

Mar 29, 2016
You can't access internal/SD card memory in Fastboot.

Make sure you selected Composite Bootloader Interface from the drivers list when your device is connected to PC in Fastboot mode.

thilak devraj

Jun 12, 2016
bangalore

then you have a driver issue..
to make it sure, take some other phone and test adb ad fastboot..

if it worked.. try to repair your drivers..

Romiui

Mar 4, 2012
Doha
then you have a driver issue..
to make it sure, take some other phone and test adb ad fastboot..

if it worked.. try to repair your drivers..

he had recolonization issue . drivers installed i just follow with him . the only solution that he check the usb cable and port it might usb cable or usb socket need clean idk . it should work am sure there is something missing in his issue .

Nelor92

Dec 1, 2016
he had recolonization issue . drivers installed i just follow with him . the only solution that he check the usb cable and port it might usb cable or usb socket need clean idk . it should work am sure there is something missing in his issue .

The usb cable works. Just tried it on another phone. The USB port also works. I think there is another issue I'm overlooking.

Romiui

Mar 4, 2012
Doha
Google installing fastboot drivers manually and see if there is something more to be done...

hope i can help more for him ! .. there is something missing happen with him while installing drivers or while flashing rom . i cant tell i should see ! . otherwise the only solution now is service center only ! .

muradulislam

Jul 23, 2016
Mansehra
hope i can help more for him ! .. there is something missing happen with him while installing drivers or while flashing rom . i cant tell i should see ! . otherwise the only solution now is service center only ! .

His problem just needs a bit of research and time. It's just an hour or two's work at most but we can't do that until we have the phone in our hands.

Let's hope, he can solve it on his own.

Romiui

Mar 4, 2012
Doha
His problem just needs a bit of research and time. It's just an hour or two's work at most but we can't do that until we have the phone in our hands.

Let's hope, he can solve it on his own.

i never heard about a real bricking of huawei . they all get fixed manually without service . but he had something missing i believe :confused:

gopinaidu77

Jan 23, 2015
i never heard about a real bricking of huawei . they all get fixed manually without service . but he had something missing i believe :confused:
Problem was incomplete installation of drivers ..

His phone is in best condition as far as he can access fastboot and stock recovery ..

muradulislam

Jul 23, 2016
Mansehra

Well, the problem arises because most people just follow instructions and don't do any thinking for themselves.

With a bit of reasoning and troubleshooting, any phone can be salvaged... Well, almost any phone:)

Romiui

Mar 4, 2012
Doha
Well, the problem arises because most people just follow instructions and don't do any thinking for themselves.

With a bit of reasoning and troubleshooting, any phone can be salvaged... Well, almost any phone:)

all but not moto G 2014,2015 lool . i put my old moto g in my drawer for 9 months until they make that .mbn file .. :cyclops:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1. Open Device manager.
    7. Click next and OK.

So, I am trying to restore stop TWRP but in adb the phone isn't being recognized. Basically, I think USB debugging isn't on. I cannot get into settings, because I cannot boot the phone into os.

If you know how to work around this please let me know.

Thank you!

---------- Post added at 07:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:07 AM ----------

How do I boot it? I can get to fastboot, but when using adb, it cannot be recognized.
    if you can get to fastboot then just a few lines of commands..

fastboot devices

and

fastboot flash recovery twrp.img

and if your phone is not responding to fastboot, check your drivers,,
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone