• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Honor 7 FLAC Support native ... posible ...

Search This thread

golvellius

Apr 26, 2006
Hi ..

With native Music aplication i can play FLAC format , but this sound it is downsampled .. etc etc ... to play later ? I see a reduction in quality compared with MP3 conversion of the same file ...
I have tried poweramp player and others , but sound it is better with stock EMUI Music Player ( with DTS disabled) .

It's there out there a player with supports natively the FLAC format without conversion ? Maybe Honor 7 does not support it ... ;(

Any suggestions ... ;)
Thanks a lot ..

Last edited:

sminki

Feb 18, 2012
hard shoulders of reality
when you say native, do you mean 'decoded in hardware'?

I've played some 24bit FLAC in the bundled player and poweramp (with no EQ) through sennheiser hd25's and there is very little difference

---------- Post added at 05:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:30 PM ----------

oh, and the Honor 7 certainly isn't the best sounding phone i've ever heard. without good eq it's really rather flat, it also seems to struggle with deep punchy bass. however, it doesn't sound "washed out" like a bad mp3

golvellius

Apr 26, 2006
when you say native, do you mean 'decoded in hardware'?

I've played some 24bit FLAC in the bundled player and poweramp (with no EQ) through sennheiser hd25's and there is very little difference

---------- Post added at 05:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:30 PM ----------

oh, and the Honor 7 certainly isn't the best sounding phone i've ever heard. without good eq it's really rather flat, it also seems to struggle with deep punchy bass. however, it doesn't sound "washed out" like a bad mp3

Hi ...

Yes , i mean if it is decoded in hardware ( example FLAC ) or it is converted to other format before play in the android system ...

What kind of DAC has got Honor 7 ... ? any info ... ?

Thanks for all ...