Honor 8 Android 7.0 + EMUI 5 oficial released!

Search This thread

Meemo23

Nov 17, 2010
Under my bed...
Were you on the Beta ? I'm told that those who were get it earlier, I signed out from it so haven't had it yet.

Sent from my FRD-L09 using Tapatalk

Yes, I enrolled and was using the beta till this update. I have never rooted or anything else. I just signed up was excepted then just used the beta all this time. Then just now I saw this post and picked up the phone and it said B360 Update available. I have not tested anything yet, but it seems the same to me.

Reactions: BigD18t

ViCioPT

Mar 9, 2012
Brugge - Belgium
Were you on the Beta ? I'm told that those who were get it earlier, I signed out from it so haven't had it yet.

That's not true. I think that's even the other way around. Please in beta program are having difficulties updating to the official release.

Enviado do meu FRD-L09 através de Tapatalk

Meemo23

Nov 17, 2010
Under my bed...
13z0u4h.jpg

:)

digitalbreak

Jun 25, 2013
Tried countries in Europe, Asia Pacific and Middle East. Still no sign of the update. My model is FRD-L14 US. Is the update rolled out based on the model? If so, wont that be specific to regions? Thanks!

BigD18t

Jan 24, 2010
That's not true. I think that's even the other way around. Please in beta program are having difficulties updating to the official release.

Enviado do meu FRD-L09 através de Tapatalk
So what you are saying is what I've been told by a Honor UK representative is incorrect information !!

---------- Post added at 06:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:12 PM ----------

Yes, I enrolled and was using the beta till this update. I have never rooted or anything else. I just signed up was excepted then just used the beta all this time. Then just now I saw this post and picked up the phone and it said B360 Update available. I have not tested anything yet, but it seems the same to me.
Thanks for the reply, seems it was correct what I was told.

Last edited:

Fikul

Mar 25, 2011
Mysłowice
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Indeed, very happy with the overall look and performance.

For now it's impossible to give an opinion about the battery life, but next few days we should get an idea if that has changed or not.
I had about 4,5h SOT with pretty heavy usage. This result for me is better than latest beta, and the same as marshmallow!

Sent from my FRD-L09 using XDA-Developers Legacy app

johnhux7

Sep 18, 2013
Inverness

I just got an answer from the honor UK rep.
The 360 IS Final !
Some got bigger updates than others depending on if they were in the beta group or not.
I have not had a good look through the update as yet, it doesn't look much different from the beta but then it wouldn't look different its off it performs different.
I will test mine over the next few days and see.
Its good to even that honor stuck to thier promises and gave the N update and before February.
Good news for future updates.
I also asked about plans for VoLTE support but they have not answered that as yet

John

Sent from my Honor 8 using XDA Labs

Last edited:

flyinghighaero

Aug 21, 2007
Honor 8 L19 nougat dropped for me yesterday in Malaysia.
I encounter some issue with network connection during new device setup resulting me not able to get app backup from google

ldsands

May 4, 2014
Iowa City, IA
L04 TWRP on EMUI 5.0 anyone?

Hey all I got the update a couple of days ago and finally updated it yesterday evening. Unfortunately Bluetooth refuses to turn on. I've since tried to flash TWRP with no success. Now I can't even factory reset. Any news on a TWRP that will work on the L04 with EMUI 5.0? I don't really miss my rooted features too much but the no Bluetooth is more than just annoying. Thanks in advance for any help provided.

Edit, I got TWRP installed but now I can't get the data or cust mounted which basically makes TWRP useless. Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Reactions: Bisclavret

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I think at this point we can really say that the OTA update thas is being rolled out since 2 days ago is the oficial update to Android 7.0 + EMUI 5!

Honor-8-Nougat-01.jpg

In order to concentrate all the discussion in one thread, I started this one, so please let's try to keep all info in one place!

For those who have your devices with root, please use the rollback packages to go back to b131 and relock your bootloader (necessary?!) before trying to update.

If you haven't receive the update notification yet, try to force it via the HiCare app:

- Make sure you have the latest version of the HiCare app
    - Go to services
    - Choose the option to early adopters (if you don't have this option, go to Me > Settings > Location and choose another nearby location and try again)

Screenshot_2.png

- check if there is a notification of a new update
    - accept and follow the instructions
    - if everything is ok, you should get the notification update on the update app

If you haven't receive the update yet, don't panic, as always, not everyone receives the update at the same time, we should only expect it to come out on February, so if we are getting it now we can only be patient and happy :)

For those who don't want to wait for the update via Hicare/Updater, check this thread that can help you getting the update using Charles app method.

PS: It's not mandatory, but it's recommended to do a backup before the update (via HiSuite) and perform a factory reset after the update!

PS2: It's always kind to say thank you! by words and pushing the Thanks button bellow :)
    For those of you wanting to root and flash TWRP on B360, the process is as shown here:

https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=70266853&postcount=262

FOR L04-C567B360:

Unlock Bootloader:

Let it boot normally, then go to settings and enable USB DEBUGGING
    Use ADB Reboot Bootloader
    Unlock the Bootloader if it is locked using fastboot oem unlock xxxxxxxxxx

Rooting:
    If you just unlocked the bootloader, let it boot then enable USB Debugging again.
    Use the command fastboot flash recovery with frd-twrp.img Thanks @HackerOO7
    Reboot into TWRP 3.0.2.0 (Volume up + Power) with the phone NOT plugged in.
    Flash @HackerOO7 SuperSu for EMUI 5.0 from here
    Reboot recovery and Format Data (keep in mind this WILL wipe the internal storage)
    Reboot system / let it boot up / then shutdown (this just rebuilds the data partition)
    Boot to TWRP (Volume up + Power)
    Wipe / factory reset
    Flash update_data_full_hw_usa.zip for B360.
    Reboot System / Install SuperSU apk

The data partition is encrypted by default on Nougat (which we have no TWRP capable of handling right now). So you have to use Format Data in the provided TWRP to get rid of the encryption and gain access to the data partition then flash the appropriate update_data_full_hw_usa.zip.
    Reserved for future info

--- TWRP + Root ---

I managed to install TWRP and root the phone via this info

The oficial TWRP didn't work for me. The one in the link mentioned above doesn't work perfectly but good enough in order to root.

PS: I add to put the superuser zip file in a mSD card, I didn't had access to internal memory.

--- FRD-L09C432 & L19C432 ---

Rollback info and files for FRD-L09C432 & L19C432

First flash the rollback file and afterwards, flash the b131 file.

--- FRD-L04C567---

Download files Rollback package and firmware B122

Rollback package:
    Rollback package L04C900B300

Firmware FRD-L04C567B122:
    Firmware B122
    No update for me yet

We will push the update in several batches :)
    I will have new sim card and mobile operator.
    Here is very bad network signal it uses more battery because phone searching for signal more times?

Not exactly. Poor signal requires more radio power to maintain communication. For two reasons - one, lower modulation and coding rates increasing radio on time required for a given amount of data; two, higher broadcast power needed to be heard by the base station. Unless you have no signal, searching isn't what's taking the power.

Second, SIM card doesn't have any effect. Cutting a SIM is irrelevant, purely urban legend. The SIM is just a key. If it works, it works. The only time it might affect battery is if he provisioning is different. E.g. you go from a SIM that is only provisioned for 3G to one provisioned for 4G. Yes, some networks charge extra for 4G so this is a real thing... :( A "bad SIM" does not give you weaker signal. It either works or it doesn't. Cutting a SIM card to fit doesn't hurt it at all, you're not cutting into the electronics.