Honor 8 FRD-AL00 in Huawei Erecovey mode.

Search This thread

MagicMinds

Jul 16, 2017
Hi,
I have the honor 8 FRD-Al00 (chinese) only 2 days .
The phone ask to update the emui, and i did but now the phone is stock in erecovery mode when ask to download the latest version and recovery via wifi but fail every time.
I try to reset to fabric settings but don´t work.
i don´t know what happen and i don´t know what to do anymore.
Please anyone can help me?
Thanks

MagicMinds

Jul 16, 2017
hm another bad situation. For your model isn't (or I don't know where) full firmware which can be useful. Try this, install HiSuite to PC and here is one section to repair phone, follow instruction in this program.
edit: try reset your wifi setting, setup for short without possword and try again download via eRecovery latest version

i have try the two methods but don´t work. via wifi fails everytime. via hisuite the recovey said the phone is not supported

MagicMinds

Jul 16, 2017
Fastboot recognized phone? If yes which Android you have last one? You can try unlock bootloader and flash custom recovery TWRP and after custom rom, thats maybe can help but warranty will be gone after amd I really don't know what happened after unlocking bootloader

you want to know if i can enter in menu fastboot? power and volume down key? yes and said Phone locked Frp lock. the android in the begin are 7.0 but after this happen i try to reset to fabric so now i don´t know.

MagicMinds

Jul 16, 2017
i manage to boot the phone but now is in startup menu to choose the language and so on, but in loop, when i finish with the finger print he go to the first step. anyone can help me?

MagicMinds

Jul 16, 2017
ufff, factory reset in stock recovery? Or try again repeat setup
edit: how you fix boot to ROM?

i made the factory reset but the phone is stuck in startup. don´t exit the startup :(
i have some firmwares for this and i try lol if i can make this to work right i make here my all processe and links for everyone. but know i'm stuck on this :(

bugsbunny69

Jan 30, 2010
Caserta
Honor 8 FRD-AL00 Briked

Hi I have a problem also with honor 8 with rom FRD-AL00, I unlocked the phone I installed the twrp recovery while installing the rom eu L09 the smartphone turned off black screen but it was a fastboot, i restored with the original ROM with DC -Phoenix everything ok but with android test, later because I'm stubborn, I tried to flash the rom L09 with DC_Phoenix successfully the L09 but I found them all changed zero and also the S / N, I tried several times to reflash with the Original rom but at some point it is briked the phone lights up alone when it is loaded and then comes into sdcard recovery but always with 5% and software install failed, even without SDcard inserted, does not vieve recognized by the PC, does not enter In fastboot, the PC only recognizes it when it's on the software install failed screen with the entry (Linux File-CD Gadget USB Device) this is the only way to connect to the computer. I also tried all the options with volume and power buttons but nothing. Looking for help as I can solve it? :(

Thank you!

venugopalu007

Jun 9, 2017
rajahmundry
Hi I have a problem also with honor 8 with rom FRD-AL00, I unlocked the phone I installed the twrp recovery while installing the rom eu L09 the smartphone turned off black screen but it was a fastboot, i restored with the original ROM with DC -Phoenix everything ok but with android test, later because I'm stubborn, I tried to flash the rom L09 with DC_Phoenix successfully the L09 but I found them all changed zero and also the S / N, I tried several times to reflash with the Original rom but at some point it is briked the phone lights up alone when it is loaded and then comes into sdcard recovery but always with 5% and software install failed, even without SDcard inserted, does not vieve recognized by the PC, does not enter In fastboot, the PC only recognizes it when it's on the software install failed screen with the entry (Linux File-CD Gadget USB Device) this is the only way to connect to the computer. I also tried all the options with volume and power buttons but nothing. Looking for help as I can solve it? :(

Thank you!
Are you able to flash twrp?

bugsbunny69

Jan 30, 2010
Caserta
Unfortunately, I can not get in any way to restart with recovery from SDcard but it does not recognize any firmware stops at 5% with the following message (software install failed). :(

thank you!

bugsbunny69

Jan 30, 2010
Caserta
U can boot to fastboot, if yes which status have FRP and PHONE are both unlocked?

No! I have already explained it does not enter fastboot and is not recognized by the PC, the only way is sd card but I tried various firmware stops at 5% even seza sd card.
When it enters sdcard recovery mode and connects to the PC it is reconnected in this way as a CDROM (linux file-cd gadget usb device).
Thank you!

bugsbunny69

Jan 30, 2010
Caserta
I don't know what next, leave him again discharged because u need fastboot and in recognise phone, if u can't boot to fastboot u can't do anything this a serious problem

I know I just have to try to give it back, hoping it's a guarantee with the Chinese people, I've already made a complaint that after two days the smartphone gave me problems, but the support office opens on 28/8.

Thanks for everything!

gagi92bb

Dec 15, 2018
I have honor 8 al00 . And the same thing happens to me. But you just need to put the firmeware on the sd card and start it from the bootloader.
if you need help send me a message

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone