Honor 8 FRD-AL00 need to chagne to English version

Search This thread

jdhananjay

Apr 8, 2017
I have Honor 8 purchase in China with FRD -AL00 need to change this in English version to use it in India

piskr

Sep 17, 2007
Sony Xperia 5 IV
Sony Xperia 1 V
I have the AL00 too and I selected it intentionally. I travel a lot and it is the best model as far as world LTE compatibility goes. I'm going to tavel to India this summer and I'm looking forward to test it there with local sims, including VoLTE. Otherwise I'm from the EU and I don't regret my decision regarding chinese model.

You can turn your phone to English base by changing the language, time zone, adding bunch of Google aps including Gboard and use this keyboard. Then uninstall any unwanted chinese app or disable it completely if can't be unistalled.
Enable GPlay and replace or add desireble apps. You can even replace launcher with Nova for example, but I use emui now again, it is not so clumsy any more with Nugat and it adds some functionallities.

Not to mention other advantages of chinese model (voice recording..).

I wouldn't advise you to replace system with other, it is not safe because of different kernels and you can brick your phone easily. And besides you gain nothing.;)

jdhananjay

Apr 8, 2017
I have the AL00 too and I selected it intentionally. I travel a lot and it is the best model as far as world LTE compatibility goes. I'm going to tavel to India this summer and I'm looking forward to test it there with local sims, including VoLTE. Otherwise I'm from the EU and I don't regret my decision regarding chinese model.

You can turn your phone to English base by changing the language, time zone, adding bunch of Google aps including Gboard and use this keyboard. Then uninstall any unwanted chinese app or disable it completely if can't be unistalled.
Enable GPlay and replace or add desireble apps. You can even replace launcher with Nova for example, but I use emui now again, it is not so clumsy any more with Nugat and it adds some functionallities.

Not to mention other advantages of chinese model (voice recording..).

I wouldn't advise you to replace system with other, it is not safe because of different kernels and you can brick your phone easily. And besides you gain nothing.;)

Agreed, but how to change the news which is coming in Chinese even after removing of Chinese app, also there are some notification issues like Facebook, Outlook , so I need EMUI which will support English version for FRD AL -00

KnightKing_

Apr 11, 2017
Agreed, but how to change the news which is coming in Chinese even after removing of Chinese app, also there are some notification issues like Facebook, Outlook , so I need EMUI which will support English version for FRD AL -00
First,i am also a FRD-AL00's user,i wish i can help solve your facing problem sincerely:)
Theoretically speaking,when you change language to eng,APPs could adjust to your using language.Maybe you should debug these Apps,reset them or restart your phone in eng.
If it doesn't work,i...i'm so sorry for this:(
Anyway,i hope you can finish it very well.Good luck !:good: