• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Honor 8 FRD AL10 from Chinese to English ROM

Search This thread

rantes

Jun 10, 2010
Hello everyone,
My brother got a Honor 8 FRL AL10 in China as a gift from Honor company and he asked me to change the Chinese Android to English if it's possible. My knowledge of such "operation" is very limited and following few guides I have managed to root the phone using the TWRP and SuperSu.
Now I'm kinda stuck here and don't know what to do next. I don't even know if it's possible to do it, I have used the search but in my eyes there is a ton of data which I don't understand and it makes me anxious tbh. So I want to ask you guys here to tell me in laic english what are my options right now. Is it possible to just flash the "english" version without all the chinese apps because I would rather stick to the stock ROM for now. I've spend all day with 1000 tabs open reading about stuff I can't understand :crying:

Thank you very much

tldr:
Have a chinese honor8, want to transfer android to "normal, english", phone rooted

thilak devraj

Jun 12, 2016
bangalore
you didnt had to do root for that, its just a selection of language in settings

or if you wanted an international version of software, you shouldve tried the official method,, or any official english firmware,

since now you have rooted and on twrp, go on and flash any custom rom available..