Honor 8 oreo discussion thread

Search This thread

Nyssa1104

Jul 9, 2010
Saint Denis

Scostam

Oct 19, 2017
New update in FRD-L04, still not Android 8 tho. Anyone has an idea of when it will be released?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180926-131136.png
    Screenshot_20180926-131136.png
    152.4 KB · Views: 886

MaRcIuPT

Apr 9, 2011
Hi updated to oreo via hisuite frd-l09 and every single notification sound was deleted. Alarms, message, calls. Anyone with this problem?

Rhegion

Oct 23, 2018
Sorry on my phone with B521 Oreo, I have this problem with "back" shadow on typeface homescreen,

44775332_10217971771351211_8842721317477154816_o.jpg

Also I have 3 little bug:

1) Gboard after reboot doesn't have vibration
2) Notification Panel stopping randomly with smart button scrolling mode with finger.

How can I fix this problems? Thanks so much

skyrush7

Jul 7, 2018
Redmi 9 Power
Sorry on my phone with B521 Oreo, I have this problem with "back" shadow on typeface homescreen,

2) Notification Panel stopping randomly with smart button scrolling mode with finger.

Restarting thw phone will solve the 2) problem, or disable and re-enable it in the settings.

Rhegion

Oct 23, 2018

44775332_10217971771351211_8842721317477154816_o.jpg

anyone?
Thanks

Micdu70

Feb 22, 2018
France
Honor 8 chinese models got a new Oreo update this month => B538 :)

Not approved yet but installed with the help from https://forum.xda-developers.com/honor-8/how-to/guide-flashing-unapproved-firmwares-t3668306 ( via "Root" method )

Bootloader still unlocked, data not wiped ( updated from B535 ) and device running smoother. Don't know if it's new but got a "Defragmentation advice" in notifications a few later after installation.

Google Security Patches from December, 5th 2018.

Changelog:

This update allows users to press the power button five times in a row to activate Emergency SOS.

Adds a safety feature allowing the user to press the power button five times in a row to activate Emergency SOS.

Adds the fixed 4-digit and 6-digit lock screen PIN options.

Prompts the user when a recording has been finished successfully. Touch it to go to the recording.

Screen will not turn off as long as it recognizes there is a face in the viewfinder.

Adds support for WeChat fingerprint payment (only available for WeChat version 6.7.3 or later).

Improves call answering performance in Baidu and AutoNavi navigation.
Improves the launch speed of certain mainstream apps.

Your phone can recognize which apps are safe, and knows how to protect itself. It will alert you of potential risks and block malicious operations.

Integrates Google security patches released in December 2018 for improved system security.
For more information on the security of Huawei EMUI system updates, please visit the official Huawei website: https://consumer.huawei.com/en/support/bulletin/2018/12/.

To authenticate your device in a more secure manner, this update adds certificate verification based on your device serial number (SN) to the system initialization process. This device SN will not be saved.

About System:

NmEGdOf.jpg

Last edited:

tallpaul02

Aug 31, 2013
Dallas, TX
Just plugged in my FRD-L14 into my PC and pulled up HiSuite for the first time in a good while and it appears that they're pushing out Oreo 8.0 (C567) now to this model as well

Attachments

• b1673c48aa.png
    b1673c48aa.png
    127.4 KB · Views: 384
  • InkedScreenshot_20181210-110049_LI.jpg
    InkedScreenshot_20181210-110049_LI.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 370
Last edited:

TxMNSTR

Aug 3, 2022
I may be late at the party, i'm looking for stock oreo rom for my FRD-L09.
Firmware finder (both windows app, and android app) list some firmwares but i'm unable to download them.
Searching in this threads i'm not able to find some link to download a EMUI 8.0 rom.
Some time ago i tried upgrading from HIsuite but i didn't found the update (maybe because i have c432b418 update?)
Has anybody an idea where i could find it?

foxyone0809

Oct 4, 2015
Sony Xperia Z1 Compact
Honor 8
Firmware finder (both windows app, and android app) list some firmwares but i'm unable to download them.
Searching in this threads i'm not able to find some link to download a EMUI 8.0 rom.
Some time ago i tried upgrading from HIsuite but i didn't found the update (maybe because i have c432b418 update?)
the same for me, stuck in c432b418 nougat
no update for me

• Angry
Reactions: TxMNSTR

ilias rak

Aug 27, 2017
Firmware finder doesn't work anymore. Use this site: https://professorjtj.github.io/

Reactions: TxMNSTR

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    such a shame but what do u expect from a company like this
    Yah that is true, the sad part is I have never heard of them before and bought this phone because I saw the good reviews and the partnership now I know never to buy one again
    Bro straight up it's b******* the fact that they said software-related in their official statement is b******* you can always tweak the software, they are so full of s***.
    Clearly it is not software-related because the open Kirin team brought us Oreo. Of course there are bugs in there Rom but that's only cus there not the actual company that is supposed to be supplying us updates like wtf if they can bring us Oreo you know damn well that honor can give us Oreo
    I will never buy another Huawei phone, and their reasons for not updating are not the specs. I am sure since it is probably one of their most popular phones, adding in all the US buyers, Huawei wants us off this phone so we will buy one of their other phones. Sorry, I am not into Phablets, and now that I see most of these chinese (and some American) phone companies are not updating their phones, or taking their sweet time, I will have to spend more money and buy a Sony/Samsung/Google phone.
    Same with you I plan on buying a pixel 3 or a note 10
    Use this thread to talk to about what you think about honor not giving us Oreo and saying that the honor 8 doesn't pass software and Hardware specifications for Oreo. Also talk about whatever u want.