Honor 8 Pro- Android 8.0/ Oreo update (Officially confirmed)

Search This thread

shashank1320

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 26, 2015
Delhi
Hi Guys,

Just to share an update with you all, we had a meet up in Delhi last week with Honor/Huawei official team and when checked for official confirmation on Oreo update for Honor 8 Pro, they confirmed that Honor 8 Pro will receive Oreo update by end of this year Dec 2017.

shashank1320

May 26, 2015
Delhi

Attachments

• IMG_20170904_160551.jpg
    IMG_20170904_160551.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 1,480

shashank1320

May 26, 2015
Delhi
They just had one more meetup in Bangalore.
Earlier meetup in Chennai and Mumbai.
Few more cities are planned.

shashank1320

May 26, 2015
Delhi
If its in Hyderabad, i can meet themup . I can talk alot about our community and development.
Also, can i know what they talk?
Hehe already raised on development and community parts. But you can still convey in your way. I will let you know for Hyderabad location as soon as have the info.

shashank1320

May 26, 2015
Delhi
as of now this is being organized in multiple locations across India. Target is 150 meetup in 1 year, hope they organize in every major cities and address various concerns raised and work on improvement based on feedback.

shashank1320

May 26, 2015
Delhi
meetup done in
Chennai
Mumbai
Delhi
Bangalore.

few more cities in pipeline based on the requests and users response. If location is having more user base, Honor/Huawei will arrange meet up in that location.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi Guys,

Just to share an update with you all, we had a meet up in Delhi last week with Honor/Huawei official team and when checked for official confirmation on Oreo update for Honor 8 Pro, they confirmed that Honor 8 Pro will receive Oreo update by end of this year Dec 2017.
    Finally managed to install the official 8.0.0 for Honor 8 pro. For those who cant wait for the official OTA push, here are the steps.
    Make sure USB Debugging is ON always.

1. Download these files FullOTA-MF
    a. http://update.hicloud.com:8180/TDS/data/files/p3/s15/G1190/g79/v109696/f1/full/update.zip
    b. http://update.hicloud.com:8180/TDS/...96/f1/full/public/update_data_full_public.zip
    c. http://update.hicloud.com:8180/TDS/...DUK-L09I_hw_in/update_full_DUK-L09I_hw_in.zip
    2. Follow standard bootloader unlock procedures and Install TWRP 3.1.1 Openkirin Edition ( Remember: Phone will be wiped once)
    3. Boot to TWRP and wipe > Format Data(at bottom) and type YES.
    4. Connect device to PC and make a folder HWOTA in the internal memory root. And add the above downloaded files into this HWOTA folder.
    5. Download
    DUK-RECOVERY-NoCheck.img - https://mega.nz/#!TkwjmSRB!O5-2dMXJGHzAnBFOzVLuURKwykzranv4Til_5GqE418
    DUK-RECOVERY2-NoCheck.img - https://mega.nz/#!qkQhERRR!i3akZFgk1Cx9kjPDee58gw4w8LkWe2BXRoz4n9eL8ZE
    and place them in the root internal storage.
    6. In twrp>Advanced> Terminal > Execute the following commands
    a. "mkdir /data/update" (without the quotes)
    b. "mv /sdcard/HWOTA /data/update/HWOTA" (without the quotes)
    After a while the moving will be completed.
    Then execute the following in terminal
    dd if=/sdcard/DUK-RECOVERY-NoCheck.img of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/recovery_a
    dd if=/sdcard/DUK-RECOVERY2-NoCheck.img of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/recovery2_a
    once these two are successfully done, go back, and delete the img files from the root.
    come back to terminal and execute the following
    echo --update_package=/data/update/HWOTA/update.zip >> /cache/recovery/command
    echo --update_package=/data/update/HWOTA/update_data_full_public.zip >> /cache/recovery/command
    echo --update_package=/data/update/HWOTA/update_full_DUK-L09I_hw_in.zip >> /cache/recovery/command (NOTE: The character after L09 is "Capital I", the 9th English alphabet, I mistook it for L and small L nd it casued errors.

In terminal type
    reboot recovery and the installation should start.
    Enjoy official OREO. Will post screenshots and battery life in a while after setting apps etc.
    The reason i didnt tell bluntly to follow the AIO guide is because the file names have to be checked properly. There its all EU and global file names and may provide a chance to commit errors.
    PM for any further clarifications.
    Huawei still is better in pushing out updates in timely manner for their devices and that's why i bought honor, thinking that it being a part of Huawei will behave the same. I was wrong.
    They are painfully slow about updates and there's no timeline. Going ahead, I won't recommend honor devices to anyone. Period.

Sent from my DUK-L09 using Tapatalk
    Thanks dude, please post the screen record video of your Honor 8 pro.
    vimeo.com/250093513
    Screen record video can be found above.
    Hope this suffices.

One and only bug i have encountered yet: Unable to remove/disable Swiftkey Keboard. Cant change keyboard to GBoard also. :crying:
    Just force stop and uninstall the SwiftKey board app from apps list in setting ..

Yes I know, but in Oreo uninstall option is grey out for SwiftKey.

---------- Post added at 02:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:11 AM ----------

Any major changes or good thing you noticed compare to nougat?

Sent from my Honor 8 Pro using XDA Labs

1) Picture in Picture Mode
    2)APP launch manager to manage application manually
    3) Custom screen resolution 720p,1080p
    4)Substratum support without rooting (not working properly)
    5)UI is smooth overall
    6) Battery is almost same for me as noughat, may be a little bit better
    7) Navigation bar can be manually hidden
    8) Treble support
    9) Bluetooth audio codec settings
    10) long press pop up menu on default launcher