Honor 8X not receiving updates

Search This thread

walnadz

Dec 13, 2018
Redmi Note 9 Pro
I am at build version 8.2.0.103(C636patch01). Isn't this build a little bit far behind? I see people with build version .133 and .140 any idea how am I supposed to receive the updates? From Malaysia btw

Last edited:

Matteo Mit.

May 31, 2013
There is a Huawei schedule for releasing the updates all over the world: wait and be patient.

P..S: Never expose your IMEI to anybody, ever!

Inviato dal mio Honor 8x utilizzando Tapatalk

shashank1320

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 26, 2015
Delhi
Seems no firmware is available for this model yet. nothing on FF. you may need to contact Huawei service center and they will be able to provide more information/update in this regard. try getting hold of their chat support in your region or of service center is easily accessible, you may try visit them and they can update if available any.

CamoAndres

Jan 2, 2019
Bogotá
Download and install HiSuite from Huawei, connect your phone to the PC and allow HiSuite to use the HDB in phone settings, once the program detects your phone, verify in the program if there are updates. If there is not, it's because your model does not have updates.
consumer.huawei.com/minisite/HiSuite_en/

walnadz

Dec 13, 2018
Redmi Note 9 Pro
Download and install HiSuite from Huawei, connect your phone to the PC and allow HiSuite to use the HDB in phone settings, once the program detects your phone, verify in the program if there are updates. If there is not, it's because your model does not have updates.
consumer.huawei.com/minisite/HiSuite_en/

I tried this first hand, doesn't work huhu.

slugger09

Aug 14, 2010
Northern Ireland
I had this issue, I was stuck on November patch, Never received 1 update since receiving the phone, I found this odd so just today connected to HiSuite and there are updates, for some reason I am not receiving OTA updates.

shashank1320

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 26, 2015
Delhi
I had this issue, I was stuck on November patch, Never received 1 update since receiving the phone, I found this odd so just today connected to HiSuite and there are updates, for some reason I am not receiving OTA updates.
It happened with my 8X as well. Never received update via OTA but couple of them on hisuite. But recently got update via ota and now i have debranded and got one OTA