• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Honor is providing Bootloader Unlocking codes through service center.

Search This thread

miststudent2011

Recognized Contributor
Oct 3, 2016
Honor India is providing bootloader unlock code from their authorized service centers.

But they need the following documents to verify you are the original owner of the device.
Invoice with IMEI number mentioned on it and Photo Id Proof.
https://imgur.com/k2wQlH0

k2wQlH0.jpg

https://twitter.com/HiHonorIndia/status/1065480261461295104

https://twitter.com/HiHonorIndia/status/1065480377479897088

Attachments

• Ocly9UK.jpg
    Ocly9UK.jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 2,518
Last edited:

DarthVader

Jan 27, 2018
Lahore
OnePlus 6T
I guess it should work. Huawei is aware of the community backlash. And it turned out to be bigger than their expectations. So let's hope they allow bootloader unlocking again. I will maybe confirm if it's in Pakistan. But as my device is already unlocked so, dunno. Guess I will pay them a visit. Would be cool tho.

WFree

Apr 19, 2014
This is their answer after i chatted with they from HiCare India

Attachments

• upload.jpg
    upload.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 3,226

efferato

Mar 22, 2014
anyone willing to contact a service center or the assistance in europe or any other place that india?

胡原

Dec 2, 2018
Can anyone confirm actually receiving a code from them in this way?
Can you get the unlock code for me?

---------- Post added at 05:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:33 PM ----------

Can anyone confirm actually receiving a code from them in this way?
Hello, customer service, because the work needs to install ROOT permission software, need BL unlock code to get ROOT permissions. The information about mobile phone is submitted by mail, and the unlocking code is obtained. Thank

Last edited by a moderator:

kldpdas

Nov 19, 2012
I contacted Honor India Support via email and they requested me to visit their Service Center. They provided me with a Bootloader key request consent letter as well (in case the names on the invoice and photo id don't match).

ZPoQNWt.jpg

Last edited:

miststudent2011

Recognized Contributor
Oct 3, 2016
I contacted Honor India Support via email and they requested me to visit their Service Center. They provided me with a Bootloader key request consent letter as well (in case the names on the invoice and photo id don't match).

ZPoQNWt.jpg

Can you update us regarding this after reaching service center ?

mahfoozceecy

Mar 9, 2011
Calicut
Interesting Visit to the Service Centre.

I just visited my local Honor service centre and had a long chat with them. They said there is no option available with them to provide bootloader unlock code and they have no idea why Honor India guys say bootloader unlock can be done via service centre.

However, talking directly to the technician resulted in learning that they do have an option to FRP unlock via the Huawei software they have. The procedure is same as the way we used to request codes. They will send the IMEI and S/n to Huawei and they will send the FRP unlock code back. The factory wipe is done via Fastboot mode. For this procedure, You will have to leave the phone with them and pay Rs 400. I think the Huawei software they use will lock it back after the process.

Since this is done via their software, they WONT provide you with the code for you to use via fastboot oem unlock. That's the issue.

So to summarise, you can Factory Reset a phone via service centre with the code from Huawei which in theory can also be used to unlock the bootloader. It's unauthorised - so you are not gonna get the code.

FRP and Consent letter - makes sense.

Chances are there is actually a bootloader unlock program that can be done via service centres like Honor India says. I think not all service centres have the tools - maybe some communication issues. Call your local service centre and ask, and update here.

Last edited:

miststudent2011

Recognized Contributor
Oct 3, 2016
I just visited my local Honor service centre and had a long chat with them. They said there is no option available with them to provide bootloader unlock code and they have no idea why Honor India guys say bootloader unlock can be done via service centre.

However, talking directly to the technician resulted in learning that they do have an option to FRP unlock via the Huawei software they have. The procedure is same as the way we used to request codes. They will send the IMEI and S/n to Huawei and they will send the FRP unlock code back. The factory wipe is done via Fastboot mode. For this procedure, You will have to leave the phone with them and pay Rs 400. I think the Huawei software they use will lock it back after the process.

Since this is done via their software, they WONT provide you with the code for you to use via fastboot oem unlock. That's the issue.

So to summarise, you can Factory Reset a phone via service centre with the code from Huawei which in theory can also be used to unlock the bootloader. It's unauthorised - so you are not gonna get the code.

Chances are there is actually a bootloader unlock program that can be done via service centres like Honor India says. I think not all service centres have the tools - maybe some communication issues. Call your local service centre and ask, and update here.

Which location did you visit I mean city ?

kldpdas

Nov 19, 2012

Just came out of the service centre. They kept my device for around one hour. I assumed they would be unlocking the bootloader themselves and return the device. But when I asked they informed me they were waiting for the unlock key from some other Huawei center(I guess from China). So I took my device and told them to email me the key once they receive it. Now fingers crossed, I am waiting for their email.

And they kept the documents I carried with me. BTW they were convinced to provide the unlock key only when I showed them the printout of the email I received. I suggest if anyone wants to visit them, email them first and take a copy of their reply when visiting them.

Reactions: mahfoozceecy

miststudent2011

Recognized Contributor
Oct 3, 2016
Just came out of the service centre. They kept my device for around one hour. I assumed they would be unlocking the bootloader themselves and return the device. But when I asked they informed me they were waiting for the unlock key from some other Huawei center(I guess from China). So I took my device and told them to email me the key once they receive it. Now fingers crossed, I am waiting for their email.

And they kept the documents I carried with me. BTW they were convinced to provide the unlock key only when I showed them the printout of the email I received. I suggest if anyone wants to visit them, email them first and take a copy of their reply when visiting them.

Which city service center did you try ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Honor India is providing bootloader unlock code from their authorized service centers.

But they need the following documents to verify you are the original owner of the device.
    Invoice with IMEI number mentioned on it and Photo Id Proof.
    https://imgur.com/k2wQlH0

k2wQlH0.jpg

https://twitter.com/HiHonorIndia/status/1065480261461295104

https://twitter.com/HiHonorIndia/status/1065480377479897088
    Received the email with the Unlock Code just now. :)
    Received the email with the Unlock Code just now. :)

@MishaalRahman FYI...
    Can you update us regarding this after reaching service center ?

Sure, I am visiting them tomorrow. I am also going to take a printout of the email along with other documents. Let's see what the guys at the service center have to say.