Honor Magic 2 or Honor View 20? "Save the Date" Poster Leaked

XDARoni

XDA Community Manager
Aug 3, 2015

I just received this promotional graphic from Honor. The poster shows a "save-the-date" teaser for January 22 2019 in Paris. What kind of surprise could Honor have in store for us this time? I have no other additional information on this subject, but I suspect this could be Honor bringing the Magic 2 or View 20 to China and other countries.

We know that Honor has always released a new phone at the end of the year. The Honor View 10 was announced in December of 2017 and launched in January 2018. This could be a similar situation. There's also the possibility that this event has something to do with the Honor 11. George Zhao (Honor Executive) did confirm that Honor will be releasing the Honor View 20 and Honor 11 sometime in 2019. The exact release dates are unknown.

If they do announce the Honor View 20 at this event, we have an idea of what we can expect due to a few leaks.

This leak has surfaced showing the display of the Honor View 20 featuring a water drop notch. The new phone will ship with the Kirin 980 chipset and 6GB of RAM. We will probably also see 40W charging come to the View 20, and you can expect it to ship with Android Pie and EMUI 9.0. The Price will most likely stay under $600 like its predecessor.

What do you think this could mean? Leave your thoughts in the comments.

Reactions: jhaydvillamor

XXXXXL

Oct 29, 2018
Eagerly Waiting For Honor Magic 2!!! So far it is the best Honor phone! Want In India ASAP!! When will it launch? January?!

flamery

Feb 24, 2011
Its the Honor View 20.

I am so glad, I was very close to buying the magic 2 and about to settle on the fact I would be paying massive import charges from China, but now this phone has been announced and will have a global release (and in my opinion better in every aspect over the magic 2).