Honor View10 is stuck at 'Your device is booting now', cannot enter recovery.

Search This thread

ankan1993

Feb 19, 2013
Nagpur
My Honor View10 is stuck at 'Your device is booting now', cannot enter recovery. I tried rectifying my twrp that couldn't unmount anything and wiped up almost everything, but ended up with a bootloop.
Now my device is stuck at 'Your device has been unlock and can't be trusted. Your device is booting now' screen. I tried using the dload method to restore everything back but the device won't go past this screen.
I tried flashing it using fastboot mode by flashing system, ramdisk and what not, did get a success everytime, still the device won't go past this.
I need genuine help on this, please. Anyone? :(

shashank1320

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 26, 2015
Delhi
A wrong section. May be MOD will help in moving this to QnA thread.

Able to boot to erecovery, try for downloading the latest full firmware in erecovery and see if it helps.
Else, lets start again with the oreo firmware. Updated to pie beta/stable or still were on Oreo?

Tripar

Jan 13, 2019
I have the same issue. :( I tried to solve this with almost every method that I could find but nothing. At last I will try to discharge battery. Some says that it helped. But I am skeptic about it. Seems like TWRP on EMUI 9 broke everything. :)

My problem started when I tried to format device. It get stuck and then I tried to reboot.... Stupid, stupid, stupid :D

Last edited:

ankan1993

Feb 19, 2013
Nagpur
A wrong section. May be MOD will help in moving this to QnA thread.

Able to boot to erecovery, try for downloading the latest full firmware in erecovery and see if it helps.
Else, lets start again with the oreo firmware. Updated to pie beta/stable or still were on Oreo?

I was in Pie actually when this happened. I think it all went wrong when I tried changing the file system.

ankan1993

Feb 19, 2013
Nagpur
I have the same issue. :( I tried to solve this with almost every method that I could find but nothing. At last I will try to discharge battery. Some says that it helped. But I am skeptic about it. Seems like TWRP on EMUI 9 broke everything. :)

My problem started when I tried to format device. It get stuck and then I tried to reboot.... Stupid, stupid, stupid :D

Good Lord, I had the exact same issue actually. TWRP on the stupid **** and I tried formatting data.
I am working on this right now. Thank God you have a fix.

ankan1993

Feb 19, 2013
Nagpur
I have figured it out. You have to flash ramdisk_recovery and kernel. Then you should get into erecovery with pluged usb in and holding power up and power off/on button. Worked for me. :)

But thank you for your time. :)

Just the recovery_ramdisk and kernel? Not the system? And is it safe to flash oreo instead? Or should I flash pie? Really need the root privileges.

Tripar

Jan 13, 2019
Good Lord, I had the exact same issue actually. TWRP on the stupid **** and I tried formatting data.
I am working on this right now. Thank God you have a fix.

Take a look here. :)

---------- Post added at 03:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:50 PM ----------

Just the recovery_ramdisk and kernel? Not the system? And is it safe to flash oreo instead? Or should I flash pie? Really need the root privileges.

I am not sure. I had before it got messed up. I would choose version that was installed before you got into trouble. IMHO it's must have because if you mix up versions then IMHO it can resolve into big mess.

ankan1993

Feb 19, 2013
Nagpur
Take a look here. :)

---------- Post added at 03:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:50 PM ----------

I am not sure. I had before it got messed up. I would choose version that was installed before you got into trouble. IMHO it's must have because if you mix up versions then IMHO it can resolve into big mess.

So, are you not rooted anymore on pie?

ankan1993

Feb 19, 2013
Nagpur
Data partition corrupted

I have unlocked bootloader. But I haven't any root like Magisk installed before. I am not sure what of those things you meant so... :)

UPDATE: When I reboot the smartphone it displays "Data partition was damaged seriously! and you are recommended to format it to recover your phone".

Smartphone works, but even after a factory reset it still displays that message when it boots up it gets stuck at 'Booting up'.
What can I do?

ankan1993

Feb 19, 2013
Nagpur
Okay, so I have recovered my phone after spending a sleepless night working on it.
Tried several combinations to see this resolved.
But, what really worked out for me was that I discharged my device twice and kept trying flashing stock rom and several relative recoveries.
After flashing stock recovery I discharged my device. Once it came back, it took me to erecovery.
From there, I started downloading the file from the recovery and did a reboot after the installation.
My Honor is working fine now.

Reactions: Tripar

Tripar

Jan 13, 2019
Okay, so I have recovered my phone after spending a sleepless night working on it.
But, what really worked out for me was that I discharged my device twice and kept trying flashing stock rom and several relative recoveries.
After flashing stock recovery I discharged my device. Once it came back, it took me to erecovery.
From there, I started downloading the file from the recovery and did a reboot after the installation.

Great job. For formatting you could use Fastboot erase *partition* . At first I thought that the cause was the badly proceeded format so I tried to erase system, recovery etc. Also I've tried to do wipe_data cmd from shell. Maybe I was just lucky. :confused: But for me, this was the last flashing of anything to this phone and I will be looking to change it as soon as possible. I don't like the restrictions made by Huawei.

Cheers :)

ankan1993

Feb 19, 2013
Nagpur
Great job. For formatting you could use Fastboot erase *partition* . At first I thought that the cause was the badly proceeded format so I tried to erase system, recovery etc. Also I've tried to do wipe_data cmd from shell. Maybe I was just lucky. :confused: But for me, this was the last flashing of anything to this phone and I will be looking to change it as soon as possible. I don't like the restrictions made by Huawei.

Cheers :)

I wiped off almost everything using erase commands, missed out on writing it. Thankyou. I'm shameless, can't do withhout root. Got my pie rooted now. Never buying honor again. Tired of their rules imposition.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.