• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Hopefully root for H901

Search This thread

rapproduca

Sep 6, 2010
Sorry, he said he was on MM so I was making sure

Sent from my LG-H901 using XDA-Developers mobile app
You're fine. I know what you were asking but he was about to send you straight up ****s Creek with him saying yes. But that's probably because you put where instead of were lol. Simple mistake. Big consequences. Either way. Always refer to the OP of the thread before asking a random person. Because it says clearly you have to be on Lollipop first. That way you know the info is legit.

igotroot

Dec 4, 2010
The owners of the LG G5 are actually hoping to see that this works and works for us as well. Are you trying to say that in that Vietnamese Forum they have found a way to downgrade to lollipop and then root????

(T-Mobile G5 owner)

trungvov10

Jan 13, 2016
Germantowns, MD
Thành viên Đạt Nguyễn thuộc Vietnam's Gsm Team vừa hoàn thành được root LG H901 trực tiếp từ nền 6.0 (Lưu ý Team thực hiện trên nền 6.0 chứ không phải những cách thông thường từ nền 5.1.1)
Vietnam's Gsm Team Team đang cố gắng hoàn thành nốt các bước để có thể public cho toàn bộ người dùng sớm nhất có thể.

Đạt Nguyễn, a member of Vietnam's Gsm Team, has been rooted Lg H901 directly on 6.0 (directly on 6.0 firmware, not from 5.1.1). Vietnam's Gsm Team is currently trying to finish every last step so that they can public it as soon as possible.

In case google translate suck, oh wait it is.

---------- Post added at 07:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:40 PM ----------

The owners of the LG G5 are actually hoping to see that this works and works for us as well. Are you trying to say that in that Vietnamese Forum they have found a way to downgrade to lollipop and then root????

(T-Mobile G5 owner)

nope, based on what they said, they rooted directly on 6.0 firmware

nymica

Aug 14, 2009
Dallas
To be fair he also released a ton of tot files for multiple variants that actually did achieve root the one that bricked a bunch of phones was the "downgrade" that tripped the anti rollback flag but yeah I agree if it's not worth the risk don't flash an unknown tot or kdz from a foreign site at least until it's been tested and verified by someone who is willing to take the risk

Airtioteclint

Nov 20, 2012
To be fair he also released a ton of tot files for multiple variants that actually did achieve root the one that bricked a bunch of phones was the "downgrade" that tripped the anti rollback flag but yeah I agree if it's not worth the risk don't flash an unknown tot or kdz from a foreign site at least until it's been tested and verified by someone who is willing to take the risk

Agreed. Not to mention tungkick didn't even have the device. This guy reachedxyz seems to from his video.

trungvov10

Jan 13, 2016
Germantowns, MD
It didn't install root or twrp for me. Just factory reset.

There were two different links there. Did you try the first or second? I think the first one was the modified one if any.
OP said its a just for fun video, and the links are for people who want to upgrade to MM, nothing to do with root or rec

guytano86

Mar 6, 2010
California, United States

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hope this works. I'm stuck on stock Marshmallow on my V10 at the moment so I can't even continue the development of my ROM. Hopefully they release this root method soon.
    Hi, Đạt Nguyễn is me
    Please watting for me
    https://youtu.be/ChQ4hT7tX-w
    What you guys are failing to understand is that these guys don't need to share sh*t!
    Demanding wont help and neither will threatening to ban him.
    If he wants to share a video of his phone rooted on MM so be it. But sharing how he did it is up to him.

You are absolutely correct. However, why would someone post stuff like that here with no intentions of sharing? That's a completely pointless post and in a way is just trolling. I think he's just trolling everyone to be honest. He's made two threads and every reply he's made here is like a two or three word post. Not exactly useful