Question Hoping to resolve issues with Chinese ROM in US

Search This thread

KelVarnsen

Jan 22, 2018
Xiaomi Mi MIX 4
Already unlocked and going to switch to latest xiaomi.eu ROM to hopefully alleviate issues with push notifications and battery restrictions with data usage.

I have been using global Mi Mix phones since the 2s, then had two global mix 3's so I couldn't help but try the 4. Hoping this will help but I am new to the whole process so I want to know if there are any tips which may differ for US flashing from China to EU. I ever needed to flash in the past and only ever rooted my old Samsung's etc. Never needed to flash but the guide looks easy enough.

I have also used Nova launcher for the past decade so I would like to use that with the gesture nav if possible. Not sure why I never had an issue until now. I would prefer to do as little as possible and just flash the eu ROM which should be okay with all Google services including safetynet. Any real need to flash/root? and flash Magisk?

Mackay53

Apr 1, 2011
Edinburgh
OPPO Find X5 Pro
If you have the SDK platform tools installed which is adb and fastboot it's just a one click install.

Once you extract the EU zip file to the same location as fastboot there's a choice of 2 install files to click on. It's impossible to go wrong. One is install with format data and one is for installing without formatting data (for updates). Once you click on one it'll run a script and do all the work for you.

On the Chinese ROM you can fix push notifications. This video covers the important stuff. It's a lot of hassle but it solves it.

KelVarnsen

Jan 22, 2018
Xiaomi Mi MIX 4
Thanks 👍.

I am passed my waiting period so I think I just want to do the bare minimum bootloader unlock. Idk the phone is actually unusable how it is shutting network and application access.

KelVarnsen

Jan 22, 2018
Xiaomi Mi MIX 4
Is the eu ROM going to help enough? My signal is unusable even wifi won't stay connected it's incredibly frustrating. This is my 4th or 5th Mix and the first issues ever.

I appreciate your help!