Question horizon light op9 pro

Search This thread

thirtythr33

Sep 3, 2011
New York
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 9 Pro
I have tried everything in terms of manipulating the settings, but I cannot get horizon light to work at all, am I the only one with this issue, and does anyone know what needs to be done in order for it to function that isn't obvious?

Icculus760

Jun 7, 2010
I have tried everything in terms of manipulating the settings, but I cannot get horizon light to work at all, am I the only one with this issue, and does anyone know what needs to be done in order for it to function that isn't obvious?

No issues here. The colored bars show up when the screen is off and a notification comes in. I do have always on display, well, always on....not sure if that matters or not.

NSD

May 9, 2006
Mine doesn't seem to work either on the NA phone. And I can't even tell, are they supposed to light up just once or do they act more like the old notification LEDs?

thirtythr33

Sep 3, 2011
New York
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 9 Pro
No issues here. The colored bars show up when the screen is off and a notification comes in. I do have always on display, well, always on....not sure if that matters or not.
yeah I tried that but to no avail, is it lighting up with any app or only certain ones? for example, I use fairemail for email and threema/signal for messaging, and it does not light up for any. moreover, it doesn't light up for anything at all, very frustrating.

Icculus760

Jun 7, 2010
I've noticed it for notifications from the stock messaging app and Gmail, but haven't seen anything else trigger it yet.

indesisiv

Jul 2, 2010
Around and About
OnePlus 9 Pro
It's not that bright and only does it once so if you blink you will miss it!
I tested it with a calendar notification, not sure what else it works on. Don't remember seeing it for WhatsApp 🤔
Eta: it does work on most things, just miss it unless you are looking for it.

Last edited:
Reactions: navydata and NSD

[email protected]

Feb 6, 2019
Only does it once, you're right. Basically pointless lol.
Im not entirely sure how well this works, but I have messed around with this app previous. I used an app on the playstore called AOA by newGen Mobile, its not quite an ambient display but it is an Always on Display app that enables you to customize your horizon lights as you see fit(color, duration, pattern and such). There is a free version of it if you want to at least try it out.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I tested it with a calendar notification, not sure what else it works on. Don't remember seeing it for WhatsApp 🤔
    Eta: it does work on most things, just miss it unless you are looking for it.
    Only does it once, you're right. Basically pointless lol.