• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Horizon Light

Search This thread

dentero

Jan 8, 2015
Hello,

would you please tell me if there's any app that can edit the horizon light animation and/or add a loop, so the animation continues till the notification has been read or cleared?

Thanks in advance

[email protected]

Feb 6, 2019
I really wish we had Renovate ICE for OP9P. I used that to customize the horizon light on my previous phone.
I 1000% feel the same way. I find myself wanting to go back to my 7pro just to have RICE again. It was so easy to install/use and had every customization option I wanted. I just got my 9pro within the past month and at least once a day I debate returning it and using my 7Pro still just for Renovate.

:I can't decide if I should try a custom ROM like evolution or try to hold out for a rom to flash in Magisk similar to how RICE was. Not sure how many of those will exist anymore considering Magisk is slowly going away

Last edited:
Reactions: terlynn4

terlynn4

Aug 18, 2012
Fort Worth, TX
Nexus 9
OnePlus 9 Pro
If mwilky and the rest of the Dev team managed to get a OP10, would you upgrade to the 10?
If the hardware turns out to be a better upgrade than the 9 series was and it receives a generally positive response from the dev community, I'll probably upgrade. RICE would definitely be a bonus, but overall this phone just hasn't lived up to my expectations.

seelions

Dec 7, 2011
NC & VT
Hello,

would you please tell me if there's any app that can edit the horizon light animation and/or add a loop, so the animation continues till the notification has been read or cleared?

Thanks in advance
I didn't realize how much I depended on notification light until it was gone. The ambient display serves my needs as a replacement.

seelions

Dec 7, 2011
NC & VT
C

Can you tell me what app you use for configuration
Yeah, it's natively available in Oxygen OS. See Settings > Display > Ambient Display. I set it to show during my daily active hours.

Other places that affect this include:
notification detail settings and customization (to change the clock style & other visual elements).

Enjoy!

[email protected]

Feb 6, 2019
C

Can you tell me what app you use for configuration
Im not entirely sure how well this works, but I have messed around with this app previous. I used an app on the playstore called AOA by newGen Mobile, its not quite an ambient display but it is an Always on Display app that enables you to customize your horizon lights as you see fit(color, duration, pattern and such). There is a free version of it if you want to at least try it out.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Would be a nice feature to have since the notification LED is gone
    I really wish we had Renovate ICE for OP9P. I used that to customize the horizon light on my previous phone.
    I 1000% feel the same way. I find myself wanting to go back to my 7pro just to have RICE again. It was so easy to install/use and had every customization option I wanted. I just got my 9pro within the past month and at least once a day I debate returning it and using my 7Pro still just for Renovate.

:I can't decide if I should try a custom ROM like evolution or try to hold out for a rom to flash in Magisk similar to how RICE was. Not sure how many of those will exist anymore considering Magisk is slowly going away