• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Horizontal Bands on Gear S2 Screen

Search This thread

screenpaver

Sep 15, 2007
Has anyone ever seen an issue like seen in the picture (horizontal dark bands across the Gear S2 screen). I've only had the watch two weeks and this happened. I've tried soft and hard resets to no avail.

Attachments

• GearS2Problem.jpg
    GearS2Problem.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 944

Mikoube

Feb 2, 2012
Ottignies
Hey guys,

I had the same after a watchface always ON fail... I've planned to send it back to after-sale... But 2 days after, all the line just disapaers...

screenpaver

Sep 15, 2007
Has anyone ever seen an issue like seen in the picture (horizontal dark bands across the Gear S2 screen). I've only had the watch two weeks and this happened. I've tried soft and hard resets to no avail.

Since it is still under warranty I filled out an online request for service. They emailed me a shipping label and I sent it off to Plano, TX on Saturday. The status today says "Replaced LCD" and now it's back in the mail to me. We'll see...

cyphi

Aug 5, 2016
Hey guys,

I had the same after a watchface always ON fail... I've planned to send it back to after-sale... But 2 days after, all the line just disapaers...

Hey Mikoube, how long were you seeing the problem? I just started seeing this today. Has the problem recurred?

Thanks!!

saur_pr

Aug 8, 2016
Facing same problem in Gear S2 classic

I am facing same problem in my new Gear S2 Classic. I have purchased this one week back.

cyphi

Aug 5, 2016
not cool... maybe try with a white watchface or something very close to. Do you remember what watchface you had when it append?

No. I actually fixed it today. There was a recent firmware update on the watch and one of the custom watchfaces that I had previously installed must've been causing the problem. I did multiple factory resets, but I keep trying to keep the watchfaces that I had already downloaded...that wasn't resolving the issue. I did a complete factory reset today and wiped out all the custom watchfaces and the problem disappeared. I'm happy now!! Thanks Mikoube for your help!! :D

shinta4e

Dec 30, 2008
Hello! I'm having the exact same issue. Can you explain what you did to fix it? Did you erase all the downloaded faces and then do a hard factory reset? Or vise versa? I'm at work right now and would love to achieve your same results since it happened 2 hours after my Warranty expired ??.

Mikoube

Feb 2, 2012
Ottignies
Hello! I'm having the exact same issue. Can you explain what you did to fix it? Did you erase all the downloaded faces and then do a hard factory reset? Or vise versa? I'm at work right now and would love to achieve your same results since it happened 2 hours after my Warranty expired .

Hey shinta,

The fact is that one off your watchface is causing trouble to tizen. So Try to make a full factory reset. It should solve your issue.

:)

Wireratt

Nov 11, 2012
Savannah GA
So i got these same lines on my device lastnight. It is mainly noticable when I turn on Aod. I dont want to bother with rma on a 2 month old device if this is going to fix itself. I tryed a few resets and its still there now. I dont mind waiting a few days though.

edit:

My gear s2 screen is working fine now. It only had the lines for 3 days. I will keep a close eye on it though and update if it returns.

Last edited:

Mikoube

Feb 2, 2012
Ottignies
Same issue, I did factory reset and deleted all downloaded Wacho faces . Still the problem!

The bands were back a few weeks ago... I figured that when I set the brightness to "1", the band are little and when I put on "10", they are bigger.

So I tried to let the watch during 1 day with a brightness of "1". The day after all band were gone...

Hope this can help some of you guys.

Enjoy.

kadabra12

Jul 1, 2012
Pn
Same problem with the screen of mi gear fit 2 band, resolved only changing the screen

Inviato dal mio SM-G920F utilizzando Tapatalk

Jockard

Apr 8, 2011
Same problem here, I turned it on, and it was fine, then I UPDATED a few apps and faces and lost network, after that the problem started, so I belive its a software issue and not hardware, could be coincidence, its a month old watch...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just came back to say mine disappeared after about 2 weeks by itself.