Horrible battery after November update

Search This thread

crazy-gump

Nov 30, 2016
Personnaly no big issue with battery life (doesn't seems more worse than it is) but access to camera is struggling and crashing most of the time...

Will wait for December update and to get the original box before asking for replacement. (already reset it, no effect)

Horst the Animal

Dec 30, 2014
Berlin
why tf did you do that lol, all you had to do was disable it

On some mobiles you can not disable the app. And only disable userdata had no effect for me. And now I have way better battery life.

Look at the screenshot over 7h screenon time and still have 21% left. Now when I sleep I almost lose no battery.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191127-085647.png
    Screenshot_20191127-085647.png
    145.4 KB · Views: 220
Last edited:

jalado

Jun 17, 2010
Thanks for the prompt response.

So I've just disabled usage access to it. Will that show any improvements?

what app is causing the battery drain? if its play services then it's adaptive battery and or Bluetooth and wifi scanning. turn them all off

sudoxd

Jan 16, 2017
Adelaide
sudoxd.xyz
On some mobiles you can not disable the app. And only disable userdata had no effect for me. And now I have way better battery life.

Look at the screenshot over 7h screenon time and still have 21% left. Now when I sleep I almost lose no battery.

Yes but this is the pixel 3 forum and you can disable digital wellbeing without 9 million adb commands

bobby janow

Jun 15, 2010
I have pixel 3 and I can't disable it... It is not everytime the same with every mobile, dont matter if it is the same kind of mobile...
Stop leaving comments if u don't know...
If you know what you're doing you can easily disable it. I also have a Pixel 3 and it takes less than a minute to disable it. Do some research and stop leaving misleading comments.

Reactions: jalado

Horst the Animal

Dec 30, 2014
Berlin
If you know what you're doing you can easily disable it. I also have a Pixel 3 and it takes less than a minute to disable it. Do some research and stop leaving misleading comments.

See you have no idea about what are you writing...for me disable was greyed out so it was not possible...lot of people have this problem, also disable using user data had no effect...so only alternative was deleting this app via adb and this changed for me a lot (and this means u have to write 2 command's not thousands...)... battery drain in night was lot less, now it is unter 1% per hour and I have at least 1h more SoT
Better you should use Google...
Stop writing comments and start using Google...

Last edited:

bobby janow

Jun 15, 2010
See you have no idea about what are you writing...for me disable was greyed out so it was not possible...lot of people have this problem, also disable using user data had no effect...so only alternative was deleting this app via adb and this changed for me a lot (and this means u have to write 2 command's not thousands...)... battery drain in night was lot less, now it is unter 1% per hour and I have at least 1h more SoT
Better you should use Google...
Stop writing comments and start using Google...
Of course you can't disable a system app. We were talking about disabling user data and the battery drain when you do that is exactly the same as your adb commands. Try it without mouthing off for once. I disabled user data in Wellbeing and my overnight drain is routinely 0.6% / hour, slightly better than your 1%. Maybe removing it via adb is causing your problems of poor idle drain. Wouldn't that be a kick in the ass? lol Anyway, do whatever you want I don't care. Everyone else doesn't need to remove the app to save a little battery, disabling user data works just fine.

Horst the Animal

Dec 30, 2014
Berlin
Of course you can't disable a system app. We were talking about disabling user data and the battery drain when you do that is exactly the same as your adb commands. Try it without mouthing off for once. I disabled user data in Wellbeing and my overnight drain is routinely 0.6% / hour, slightly better than your 1%. Maybe removing it via adb is causing your problems of poor idle drain. Wouldn't that be a kick in the ass? lol Anyway, do whatever you want I don't care. Everyone else doesn't need to remove the app to save a little battery, disabling user data works just fine.

I wrote under 1%
For me when i disable user data for some days there was no change, after I delete the app via adb than I had a significant change. Somedays I had around 10h screen on time.

bobby janow

Jun 15, 2010
I wrote under 1%
For me when i disable user data for some days there was no change, after I delete the app via adb than I had a significant change. Somedays I had around 10h screen on time.
It's simple enough to adb remove it, right? Try it again to see if it drains battery with your current setup. Could have been a coincidence perhaps. Even when you reinstall from the PS it will install as a system app, you just have to reboot to get it enabled. Then disable user data and see what happens. I'm actually curious. If you don't feel like it I understand, no big deal.

jalado

Jun 17, 2010
I wrote under 1%

you should just show a screenshot with battery details your 7h sot doesn't prove anything... I get around 6h on lte all day. everyone uses their phone differently. network signal and being on wifi or airplane mode make massive differences. if you live in an area with poor network signal the standby time will be worse if it's searching for a signal all the time. if the battery drain is cause of Google Play services then it's only 3 things most likely. I've disabled digital while being on pie and it caused my play services to spike and drain my battery. if it's disabled I think play services continually tries to ping for it and cause high cpu usage. I only lose max 2% in 8 hours of standby. first 2 pics are pie and the next 2 is 10

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190414-074340.png
    Screenshot_20190414-074340.png
    139.9 KB · Views: 139
  • Screenshot_20190902-004515.png
    Screenshot_20190902-004515.png
    134.4 KB · Views: 139
  • Screenshot_20191102-092811.png
    Screenshot_20191102-092811.png
    146.4 KB · Views: 141
  • Screenshot_20191102-092820.png
    Screenshot_20191102-092820.png
    149.6 KB · Views: 133

Horst the Animal

Dec 30, 2014
Berlin
you should just show a screenshot with battery details your 7h sot doesn't prove anything... I get around 6h on lte all day. everyone uses their phone differently. network signal and being on wifi or airplane mode make massive differences. if you live in an area with poor network signal the standby time will be worse if it's searching for a signal all the time. if the battery drain is cause of Google Play services then it's only 3 things most likely. I've disabled digital while being on pie and it caused my play services to spike and drain my battery. if it's disabled I think play services continually tries to ping for it and cause high cpu usage. I only lose max 2% in 8 hours of standby. first 2 pics are pie and the next 2 is 10

I always have WiFi on and adaptiv battery on (13 apps). Always LTE when I'm not at home. After I delete it I have better battery life that's it...why you guys can't believe it? Play services is not pinging the whole time. Maybe it's also because I use dark mode what is also saving battery time and you don't. I know that everyone is using there phones in a in a different way. I use it most for social apps, chrome and some days to make pictures or listening some music. Sure also some other apps but not so much like the other ones.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191129-095451.png
    Screenshot_20191129-095451.png
    161.4 KB · Views: 157
  • Screenshot_20191129-095521.png
    Screenshot_20191129-095521.png
    207.4 KB · Views: 153
  • Screenshot_20191129-095545.png
    Screenshot_20191129-095545.png
    175.8 KB · Views: 153

RootTheMachine

Oct 4, 2011
I have always had great battery life on my Pixel 3. After the November update, it has been abysmal. I've been off the charger for about 3 hours, screen on maybe 45 mins and the battery is almost at 50%. I'll see if the Digital Wellbeing uninstall helps anything, but it would take quite a drastic change to fix this. Nothing shows as unusual under battery usage either.

jalado

Jun 17, 2010
I have always had great battery life on my Pixel 3. After the November update, it has been abysmal. I've been off the charger for about 3 hours, screen on maybe 45 mins and the battery is almost at 50%. I'll see if the Digital Wellbeing uninstall helps anything, but it would take quite a drastic change to fix this. Nothing shows as unusual under battery usage either.
would it be possible to see a screenshot of your battery usage stats

---------- Post added at 02:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:44 PM ----------

I always have WiFi on and adaptiv battery on (13 apps). Always LTE when I'm not at home. After I delete it I have better battery life that's it...why you guys can't believe it? Play services is not pinging the whole time. Maybe it's also because I use dark mode what is also saving battery time and you don't. I know that everyone is using there phones in a in a different way. I use it most for social apps, chrome and some days to make pictures or listening some music. Sure also some other apps but not so much like the other ones.

how do you have 0% google play usage?

---------- Post added at 02:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:49 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 02:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:50 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 02:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:44 PM ----------

jalado

Jun 17, 2010
so I just deleted digital well being and I can confirm that the performance has improved. the touch screen response is amazing!. not too sure on battery life I just updated to the December security patch. keep you guys posted

Horst the Animal

Dec 30, 2014
Berlin

---------- Post added at 02:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:49 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 02:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:50 PM ----------

Hey I was making a test and I don't know why it is not showing, but Google play is not showing at all. (In the normal battery app) so there is not really a battery usage or it is just not at the list.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191203-093643.png
    Screenshot_20191203-093643.png
    190.4 KB · Views: 107
  • Screenshot_20191203-093654.png
    Screenshot_20191203-093654.png
    166.5 KB · Views: 107

jalado

Jun 17, 2010

Hey I was making a test and I don't know why it is not showing, but Google play is not showing at all. (In the normal battery app) so there is not really a battery usage or it is just not at the list.

ya, mines not showing any usage either. 1 thing for sure is the performance is way better! I can't wait to do this on my 4. I can't really say on the battery life yet, I need a couple days for all the apps to update to December it usually gets better after that

Top Liked Posts