Question Horrible battery and slow charging on Pixel 6 Pro

Search This thread

Novakingwai

Mar 10, 2013
I've had the phone for about 2 weeks. The battery life is horrible. I leave the phone charging over night and sometimes it stops charging all together. Last night I went to bed with 100% charge. Left phone laying on night stand. Woke up to 70% battery after 8 hours of doing nothing. Mobile network standby used 42% of my battery drain. What is going on with this phone? Should I get a warranty claim replacement?

edit: 11/30 Turning off Adaptive battery and Adaptive charging helped. However, still getting a replacement phone. I get no signal pretty much any where. Thought maybe it was because Tmobile network. After a few days of troubleshooting the phone and getting new sim card and esim, I literally get 1mbps downloads if any connection at all. On Pixel Reddit many others are saying their P6P is getting no data, seems to be a modem issue?

Last edited:

stuff

Apr 16, 2007
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Check in the settings if "adaptive charging" is enabled. I believe it is by default.
This feature attempts to sync up your overnight charge with the time you wake up.
If it's miscalculating when you wake up, it might not be charging enough. It should eventually learn when you do wake, assuming it's the same time, etc.

But you can just switch it off completely and allow the phone to charge as it normally would.

As far as mobile network standby goes, I'm not sure. I've noticed in the past this is usually because little to no cell service, so the phone is trying very hard to find a signal (boosting more power to that internal module) and thus draining battery more. Do you have poor service where you sleep?

Reactions: jfodra and Az Biker

Guyinlaca

Sep 13, 2010
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Battery charging is definitely slower than my Galaxy Note20 Ultra, but I like the adaptive charging at night. If you set an alarm, it will trickle charge and reach 100% just before. This will prolong battery life but I think the standard charge could be a bit faster. 65W like OnePlus probably does more harm than good in the long run but a true 30W shouldn't be an issue.

Reactions: $cronos_

imaverik

May 17, 2010
the latest update doesnt fix battery drain... update ending 037... although the fingerprint sensor is better

Reactions: thethruth

Morgrain

Aug 4, 2015
I've had the phone for about 2 weeks. The battery life is horrible. I leave the phone charging over night and sometimes it stops charging all together. Last night I went to bed with 100% charge. Left phone laying on night stand. Woke up to 70% battery after 8 hours of doing nothing. Mobile network standby used 42% of my battery drain. What is going on with this phone? Should I get a warranty claim replacement?
Did you check whether you use adaptive charging?

It's designed to let the phone fully charge ONLY shortly before you wake up (set wakeup timer).

I mean, it never properly worked for me, but maybe it does for you. Lol.

wulfgarfang

Feb 15, 2014
My Battery life is fantastic! I have adaptive battery on. When it's at 💯 it takes about 20 min of hard use to even move from 100 to 99. I have no idea why yours does that but I'm beginning to think these are trolls because so far my p6 pro is a powerhouse. Works amazing. I love this phone. Every other dam post is complaint after complaint. Even crappy phones on other forums don't get this kind of grief. Google probably over hyped the phone and people are annoyed that they had to wait to get one or it's a massive drive by Samsung to tone down the sales of Google.......Too bad Samsung won't just allow bootloader unlock to be easy and painless. Otherwise I wouldn't BE Loving my p6 pro.....

EeZeEpEe

Aug 13, 2010
Tampa, FL
www.twitter.com
Google Pixel 6 Pro
As others have pointed out, adaptive charging is supposed to slow the charging down so it hits 100% within the hour of your alarm to wake up. You can actually see it say adaptive charging on the always on display at the bottom of it's engaged. But not hitting 100% isn't what it's supposed to do. What charger are you using with it?

Morgrain

Aug 4, 2015
You got me. Been a member of XDA since 2013 and I decided to pick 2021 to start trolling.
People here asked you many questions to find out of it's a user mistake/problem, or if the phone is the rootcause of the issue.

You answered not one single question (as of now).

So it's fair to assume that you are a troll.

Novakingwai

Mar 10, 2013
Check in the settings if "adaptive charging" is enabled. I believe it is by default.
This feature attempts to sync up your overnight charge with the time you wake up.
If it's miscalculating when you wake up, it might not be charging enough. It should eventually learn when you do wake, assuming it's the same time, etc.

But you can just switch it off completely and allow the phone to charge as it normally would.

As far as mobile network standby goes, I'm not sure. I've noticed in the past this is usually because little to no cell service, so the phone is trying very hard to find a signal (boosting more power to that internal module) and thus draining battery more. Do you have poor service where you sleep?
I'll try turning off adaptive battery and charging. I read some saying the adaptive battery isn't working right even after days of "calibrating." And the adaptive charging is new to me, turning that off also to test for a couple days.

I have tmobile and the entire area from my home to work is covered in 5G. Was working great on my S20+ for a couple days until I got the Pixel 6 Pro. I went to tmobile store yesterday. They gave me a new SIM and checked their system. I'm literally about 1000 feet from a 5G tower. They showed me a calendar supposedly they've been working in the area and having intermittent service issues, doesn't explain why I get no signal all day.

I've factory reset the phone and didn't copy over anything from my old phone, seeing if that will help.

EeZeEpEe

Aug 13, 2010
Tampa, FL
www.twitter.com
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I'll try turning off adaptive battery and charging. I read some saying the adaptive battery isn't working right even after days of "calibrating." And the adaptive charging is new to me, turning that off also to test for a couple days.
I'm currently trying out Adaptive Battery off for the next week just to see if there's a noticeable difference. I'll be tracking it with AccuBattery Pro and took a screenshot of my a averages before turning it off.

Morgrain

Aug 4, 2015
I'm currently trying out Adaptive Battery off for the next week just to see if there's a noticeable difference. I'll be tracking it with AccuBattery Pro and took a screenshot of my a averages before turning it off.
I remember talks back in the days when it was introduced (Android Pie, Pixel 3 I think) and already then people claimed to improve their battery life by "turning that **** off" - it would be a bit devastating to know that Google still hasn't fixed that.

Reactions: Galaxy Princess

EeZeEpEe

Aug 13, 2010
Tampa, FL
www.twitter.com
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I remember talks back in the days when it was introduced (Android Pie, Pixel 3 I think) and already then people claimed to improve their battery life by "turning that **** off" - it would be a bit devastating to know that Google still hasn't fixed that.
Wow it has been that long since it was first introduced. Time flies. Just on day one right now and I'm already seeing more screen off drain. Will see how every turns out next week.

skipabeat123

Jun 18, 2020
Hi. I'm typing this answer form my new P6P as Google decided to replace my old device. I set up my phone from scratch without transfering anything from old device AND THE ISSUE IS STILL THERE. Insanely high network standby battery drain +25% of the whole capacity. This is nuts. The employee told me specifically that I won't have this problem with my new device. I don't know what to do. I think I'll just return it and to for a different phone. Btw my partner has a non-pro P6 and he has exactly the same issue. Our sim cards are vodafone.de. Lost count how many hours I was trying to fix this problem. What a time waster.

stuff

Apr 16, 2007
Google Pixel 6 Pro

I have tmobile and the entire area from my home to work is covered in 5G. Was working great on my S20+ for a couple days until I got the Pixel 6 Pro. I went to tmobile store yesterday. They gave me a new SIM and checked their system. I'm literally about 1000 feet from a 5G tower. They showed me a calendar supposedly they've been working in the area and having intermittent service issues, doesn't explain why I get no signal all day.

I've factory reset the phone and didn't copy over anything from my old phone, seeing if that will help.
Good luck, hopefully the factor reset fixes whatever was going haywire. Usually that does help people as a last resort effort

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm beginning to think these are trolls because so far my p6 pro is a powerhouse.
    You got me. Been a member of XDA since 2013 and I decided to pick 2021 to start trolling.
    Factory reset and when ask to transfer data from another phone. Don't. You may have a rogue app.

I also have a high usage on "Mobile Network Service" but doesn't seem to affect my battery much. My overnights drain on my P6P are 5% max.
    Battery charging is slow but my P6P has phenomenal battery. Set it up from scratch like I always do with a new phone.

edit: 11/30 Turning off Adaptive battery and Adaptive charging helped. However, still getting a replacement phone. I get no signal pretty much any where. Thought maybe it was because Tmobile network. After a few days of troubleshooting the phone and getting new sim card and esim, I literally get 1mbps downloads if any connection at all. On Pixel Reddit many others are saying their P6P is getting no data, seems to be a modem issue?