Question Horrible battery and slow charging on Pixel 6 Pro

Search This thread

vlubosh

Sep 8, 2007
Bratislava
hi guys, how is the battery standby drain after last update? have they fixed dual sim heavy standby drain? thanks a lot.

MacGuy2006

Sep 15, 2006
Not a requirement. It will charge with any amount of power available, but will cap its draw at no greater than the limit of the supply. Put it on a 1W charger and it will charge. Slowly.
My experience is different. Attempting to charge from USB chargers on older planes and the USB port on many cars will in fact drain the battery, rather than charge it. Which is not unusual with newer phones.

The battery life of the 6 Pro is mediocre at best. If I take a lot of photos, it won't last the day. With very light use it'll last 24 hours. Some of the Chinese phones do better than the 6 Pro and the iPhone 13 Pro Max will last twice as long. If battery life is a priority, this is not the right phone.

hashim17

Hi,

Just want to add on to the above issue and workaround i found. Used since Feb 22.

6 pro - battery will drain very from fully charged to 50% in 2 hours, it will then discharged slowly from 50% to 25% to 30%. So far i never experience the battery full drained to 0%.

My issue is the wireless charging; when the device is on while charging, the increase charge is ONLY 15 to 20 percent. It happens on both wireless charging connected to wall outlet and wireless power banks - Xiaomi & Phillips

MrBelter

Apr 10, 2011
hi guys, how is the battery standby drain after last update? have they fixed dual sim heavy standby drain? thanks a lot.
Since the March update i'd say my battery life is much better, i used to be going to bed with 20 to 40% charge left and now i am going to bed with 40 to 60% charge left (everything on inc BT and NFC, not rooted and fully stock phone)

ggrant3876

Jun 17, 2009
Wichita Falls, Texas
After the April update I've noticed the battery has been charging quite a bit faster than prior. My may be the odd duck but stand by is the best on any phone I've ever had. I can charge it around 8PM fully and when I start using it in the morning it's still at 98%. Can't compare it with any current iphone but several years ago I had an iphone 8+ and the P6P is just as good as that was or better.

Reactions: krystiano

jericho246

In terms of idle battery drain, after April update, my P6Pro is now comparable to my S21 Ultra.

According to BatteryGuru, overnight, I get around 0.4% drain per hour (with data and Wifi disabled) which is the same as my Galaxy S21U.
During the day, when I have Wifi and/or mobile data (4G) enabled, it's around 1.0%/hour. Acceptable I guess.

Note: I enabled the "Doze optimization" from BatteryGuru app on both devices. I feel like it made a difference.

Sasaiber

Dec 4, 2020
Very sad with the battery. I hoped that after leaving the iPhone 13 pro max my experience would not worsen.. Wrong ._. Why is some Poco phone holds better than the flagship from Google ... My friend uses his phone for 16 hours, while mine lasts for 7 hours of the screen ..

Morgrain

Aug 4, 2015
March update definitely made my battery life worse. From October - February, I had no problems getting through the entire day without re-charging. Now between march-april I had to top of, nearly every day. I updated to April now, hopefully that will improve things, but I'm afraid it has something to do with the changes done by 12L and April update will change little. Not a big fan of the current battery life.

Morgrain

Aug 4, 2015
Very sad with the battery. I hoped that after leaving the iPhone 13 pro max my experience would not worsen.. Wrong ._. Why is some Poco phone holds better than the flagship from Google ... My friend uses his phone for 16 hours, while mine lasts for 7 hours of the screen ..
The 13 Pro Max has, currently, the best battery life - by far - compared to any other flagship phone on the market (it's not even close). Apples processor is magnificent in terms of energy efficiency (at least this generation). I'm not sure what you expect here (P6 Pro can definitely survive longer than 7 hours OFF screen), but it will never, ever achieve Iphone 13 pro max battery life. That is an unrealistic expectation. If you thought that a P6 Pro could rival a 13 Pro Max's battery life, then you were wrong.

Pixels were never battery wonders. They usually barely make the day (because of the 6000 features running in the background, and Google calling home constantly). Before, Apples IPhones also weren't battery kings, since apple cheaped out and skimped on big batteries, but this generation they made a a) very energy efficient processor and b) used a big battery in their top model.

bcae9d0d8a083a65c971cbd346c0ad7d.png

thethruth

Apr 16, 2021
I just really hope the 7 series is alot better in the battery department. Because Android as a whole is falling way behind. And it's a shame because every company loves to throw out the 5000 mah claim for this these flagships, like that's suppose to mean great battery life smh. Both the pixel and S22 ultra have been disappointing in the battery department with these supposedly huge batteries. Come on Android I know you can do it!

spr33

Jan 10, 2007
Staffordshire
In terms of idle battery drain, after April update, my P6Pro is now comparable to my S21 Ultra.

According to BatteryGuru, overnight, I get around 0.4% drain per hour (with data and Wifi disabled) which is the same as my Galaxy S21U.
During the day, when I have Wifi and/or mobile data (4G) enabled, it's around 1.0%/hour. Acceptable I guess.

Note: I enabled the "Doze optimization" from BatteryGuru app on both devices. I feel like it made a difference.
Is this from 100%? If so, try from under 90%.

MacGuy2006

Sep 15, 2006
The 13 Pro Max has, currently, the best battery life - by far - compared to any other flagship phone on the market (it's not even close). Apples processor is magnificent in terms of energy efficiency (at least this generation). I'm not sure what you expect here (P6 Pro can definitely survive longer than 7 hours OFF screen), but it will never, ever achieve Iphone 13 pro max battery life. That is an unrealistic expectation. If you thought that a P6 Pro could rival a 13 Pro Max's battery life, then you were wrong.
I mostly agree with yu, except that Apple has generally cared more for thinness and design than for battery life. And even so, in my experience, it's been generally better than the Pixels. But they really nailed it with the 13 Pro Max, and I am kicking myself for choosing the P6 Pro, because I wanted the better zoom. I'll probably switch once the iPhone 14 comes out.

After the latest updates, my P6P generally lasts through the day, except when I am out in the sun taking lots of photos. Then it overheats ad the battery drains fast. Unfortunately, it's when I am hiking and there is no power to plug it in. It sucks.

The phone is also glitchy, in minor but annoying ways. Google has been slow fixing the bugs, and I feel like I have a Xiaomi, not a Pixel :( Except that I like the iOS-like MIUI much better than the stock Google launcher...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm beginning to think these are trolls because so far my p6 pro is a powerhouse.
    You got me. Been a member of XDA since 2013 and I decided to pick 2021 to start trolling.
    Factory reset and when ask to transfer data from another phone. Don't. You may have a rogue app.

I also have a high usage on "Mobile Network Service" but doesn't seem to affect my battery much. My overnights drain on my P6P are 5% max.
    Battery charging is slow but my P6P has phenomenal battery. Set it up from scratch like I always do with a new phone.
    I've had the phone for about 2 weeks. The battery life is horrible. I leave the phone charging over night and sometimes it stops charging all together. Last night I went to bed with 100% charge. Left phone laying on night stand. Woke up to 70% battery after 8 hours of doing nothing. Mobile network standby used 42% of my battery drain. What is going on with this phone? Should I get a warranty claim replacement?

edit: 11/30 Turning off Adaptive battery and Adaptive charging helped. However, still getting a replacement phone. I get no signal pretty much any where. Thought maybe it was because Tmobile network. After a few days of troubleshooting the phone and getting new sim card and esim, I literally get 1mbps downloads if any connection at all. On Pixel Reddit many others are saying their P6P is getting no data, seems to be a modem issue?
    Check in the settings if "adaptive charging" is enabled. I believe it is by default.
    This feature attempts to sync up your overnight charge with the time you wake up.
    If it's miscalculating when you wake up, it might not be charging enough. It should eventually learn when you do wake, assuming it's the same time, etc.

But you can just switch it off completely and allow the phone to charge as it normally would.

As far as mobile network standby goes, I'm not sure. I've noticed in the past this is usually because little to no cell service, so the phone is trying very hard to find a signal (boosting more power to that internal module) and thus draining battery more. Do you have poor service where you sleep?