Horrible touchscreen latency / lag / delay

Search This thread

LuckyMoon

Apr 9, 2018
I am experiencing the same issue as well, noticed it initially in pubg.

Any luck solving the issue since posting? I suspect it's related to the firmware though.

I am now considering returning the phone due to this issue, real shame because I really like everything else about it.

Link69

Jul 18, 2010
Lyon
I just installed it, got it on ultra and no latency problems. A bit of load lag but thats the gpu/cpu
Ok thanks, I'll go to my local store to try the P20 and maybe considering changing my P20 Pro, my 2 years old 150€ Redmi Note 3 has no issues like this, such a shame...

MixEvo

Jan 6, 2017
Chicago
I learned a lot owning Huawei, I always go through the initial setup then factory reset it before I put my Sim in and my p20 pro has 0 lag issues.... It's on the C605rom

Link69

Jul 18, 2010
Lyon
After removing all double or knock gestures, still Touchscreen issues?!

for me after that, touchscreen works perfect, no issues or latency

I turned off the 3 settings but the issues still there, try to make really tinny circles on a zoomed webpage and you will notice it.
EDIT: if you have some apps using a slider (I'm using Deezer), you will notice you can't be precise, I can't manage to easily set the Smart Cache value in Deezer :/

Last edited:

JeR94

Apr 16, 2018
Hello, got the same problem. I am on CLT-L29 8.1.0.106(C432). However, the screen is perfectly responding when drawing on a picture from Gallery...:confused:

JeR94

Apr 16, 2018
Same issues here, I tried to draw something and I don't know if it's the normal behavior but can't make a simple dot.
You are right, simple tap is not detected for me too. Impossible to work with precision (Citrix...). I have send an email to Huawei customers service. I let you know

ry5i3kszczur

Nov 11, 2009
I have the same problem, but only at the edge of the screen on my P20 pro. Later I will check on my wife's Honor 8...

Wysłane z mojego CLT-L29 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Link69

Jul 18, 2010
Lyon
I have the same problem, but only at the edge of the screen on my P20 pro. Later I will check on my wife's Honor 8...

Wysłane z mojego CLT-L29 przy użyciu Tapatalka

I checked on my wife's Honor 8 on Sunday and no issue. It seems Huawei ignored the issue with the Honor 9 so we probably won't have a fix.

rob_p

Sep 5, 2007
Reading
Scrolling seems to behave slightly strangely - it stops moving almost as soon as I remove my finger from the screen so there's no real inertia or acceleration. Is that standard for everyone or is it related to these latency issues - my old S7 Edge scrolled much more freely?

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I made a comparison with my nexus 6p to make it easier for others to understand and to check their own device.

https://youtu.be/xIZp7O0etEM
    European version C432 get new update 120 and the problem is gone....No problem at all with latancy-lag screen.I test it side by side with galaxy S9+ and A5 (2017)
    Also a little improvment with front camera and beautification.
    There is no "lag" when you do big movements like you do in your Video. There is no lag at all but just a small "deadzone" when you move your finger (pen) just a little bit like you can see here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5YZ2aJpUoA
    If someone without problem could do this it would be very much appreciated since I almost think that every device has this problem, and some users just don’t notice it. I’ve been to several shops and tested out the P20Pro and all has this issue..

I sell phones, including p20 pro. Secretly when my buyers buy p20 pro I test out their units. All have this problem out of the box.
    Its in 108 updates, tackling scrolling issues, but only for mainland versions currently, wait a bit more

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk
    Saw ppl say the lag is improved, seems solved View attachment 4484888

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone