• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Horrible video chat quality

Search This thread

tmrmn

Jul 2, 2017
I own the Pixel 6 now for a few days and day by day I'm more disappointed with my decision.
In general the phone is just too heavy and thick for a 'non pro' phone. I wish they stayed smaller like in previous generations.

But what really shocked me today is the video quality of the front camera in video chats (WhatsApp in my case).
It's just super zoomed in and blurry. I look like a bearded baby. Even my 4 year old OnePlus 5 performs way better. Did you make the same experiences? Do you think this can/will be fixed in future updates?
I'm seriously considering selling it again and getting a Pixel 4a or OnePlus 9 instead, also hoping for better battery life.

There is just so many little things, like the fingerprint reader, that make this phone feel half baked and not stand up to its price tag. Are you guys happy with the purchase?

96carboard

Jul 17, 2018
I own the Pixel 6 now for a few days and day by day I'm more disappointed with my decision.
In general the phone is just too heavy and thick for a 'non pro' phone. I wish they stayed smaller like in previous generations.

But what really shocked me today is the video quality of the front camera in video chats (WhatsApp in my case).
It's just super zoomed in and blurry. I look like a bearded baby. Even my 4 year old OnePlus 5 performs way better. Did you make the same experiences? Do you think this can/will be fixed in future updates?
I'm seriously considering selling it again and getting a Pixel 4a or OnePlus 9 instead, also hoping for better battery life.

There is just so many little things, like the fingerprint reader, that make this phone feel half baked and not stand up to its price tag. Are you guys happy with the purchase?

Does that software allow you to zoom out? A *lot* of camera software assumes that 1.0 is the minimum zoom level, but these cameras zoom out to 0.65 on the away-facing camera, or 0.9 on the at-you-facing camera.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm happy but if you aren't just trade it for something else.
    Don't hold on to something you don't like or have too many issues with.