[HOSTS][UPDATED]Remove Ads[ROOT]

Search This thread

Paget96

Recognized Developer / Contributor
  • Oct 29, 2013
    Krusevac
    Better make flashable zip :D
    Easier ;)

And when you use,host from lucky patcher, you also block web pages like a d f.ly someone need that, when go to download something from zippyshare .. :D

Last edited:
    Reactions: 4Freedom

struart

Oct 1, 2012
    To get only 127.0.0.1 lines from file its simple.

Code:
    FIND "127.0.0.1" hosts.txt > hosts_127_only.txt

It will save only 127.0.0.1 lines in hosts_127_only.txt file :p

And yes delete 127.0.0.1 a d f.l y from file it will create more problems than help :p

su_haris

Sep 30, 2013
    Kottayam
    Great guide buddy.
    I'll definitely include this in my ROMs now on.
    If you can wait till Monday, I can also make flashable zip. But if anyone manages to do before, better ;)

Sent from my Moto G XT1033 using Tapatalk

lokopol

Jul 16, 2013
    Hi guys,this is my hosts file to block ads on android device and windows, linux... too.
    Adblock-Android.png

how?

1.put this file into /etc/ with root explorer or a filemanager that support root(i suggest you to try simple file explorer,perfect and opensource...)
    2.reboot your device and enjoy,all ads will be blocked on every apps,games and hosts too

how many ads blocked?
    this hosts file have more than 10000 domains blocked.
    i got most of ads domains throught luckypatcher and added mine, i blocked also some phishing domains and premium websites that stole money from your sim company(if you are h3g, you ll know)

Download(909.75KB)

Mediafire
    Mega
    d-h.st
    Dropbox

Mix ads?
    i found a lot of hosts file online but be careful, because the hosts file can change every domain redirect so,phishing will be easy, i suggest you to check if every line begin with 127.0.0.1 or #(comments), NO OTHER!
    will be usefull if someone can help me to make a script/batch to extract from the file only every lines that start with 127.0.0.1 or #,so we will be 100% sure :D because there are thousand of lines so manually will be an infinity activity :/
    maybe @struart @-CALIBAN666- or @F4uzan if they have time can make this simple.

i notice also this http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=54969725&postcount=2798, but i dont want duplicate lines... is there a way to merge the 2 files?

why use this hosts and not adblockers?
    because this has not activity in background and not slow down our device, it has not compatibility problem and work on every android version and phone.
    a more thing you dont need a recovery too, just root and override default file :D

There is already something like a long time is a flashable zip, and blocks everything. :
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1916098
    I think it's very much like his blocker, but I'm not entirely sure??.
    I hope you are not discouraged by this? great work. : P

Last edited:

4Freedom

Jul 9, 2013
    There is already something like a long time is a flashable zip, and blocks everything. :
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1916098
    I think it's very much like his blocker, but I'm not entirely sure??.
    I hope you are not discouraged by this? great work. : P
    i didnt see that thread :eek:
    the hosts uploaded combine luckypatcher ads block with some domain that i added.
    if you notice that some banner still appear send me the link and i'll update the file :D

Reactions: lokopol

4Freedom

Jul 9, 2013
    thank you !

28000 domains blocked ? there are the same 4 sources lists as Adaway ?
    Idk how adway work, however this domains came from luckypatcher that came from opensource hosts lines that i find on github, with added more domains,phishing website and h3g cheat to steal money.

Why not use it? :)

Loulou-13

Aug 24, 2013
    Marseille
    Idk how adway work, however this domains came from luckypatcher that came from opensource hosts lines that i find on github, with added more domains,phishing website and h3g cheat to steal money.

ha yes ! thank !

better protection than known Adaway , OK ! thank again ! :good:

when i have more time ,i will test :p

Adaway work only with 4 sources lists by default ( you can add more ... ) and it's much more popular because more easiest to use on parameters ,and more "light"

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Best way to block ADS on Android. (FOSS Methods)

AdAway (Android >2.1 + ROOT required)
      DNS66 (Android >5 + NOROOT required)
      Blockada (Android >4.4 + NOROOT required)
      Netguard + Hosts file (Android >4.4 + NOROOT required)
      Let me check it ;))))
      @AXDFREEDOM @skyinfo
      OK I FIXED IT I WAS A TYPO IN UPDATER_SCRIPT DAMN MISSING ";" :)

http://www.mediafire.com/download/zy13kmeys56yt43/hostsfix.zip

Sorry about that mates :)

Wysłane z mojego LG-E610 przy użyciu Tapatalka
      Better make flashable zip :D
      Easier ;)

And when you use,host from lucky patcher, you also block web pages like a d f.ly someone need that, when go to download something from zippyshare .. :D
      To get only 127.0.0.1 lines from file its simple.

Code:
      FIND "127.0.0.1" hosts.txt > hosts_127_only.txt

It will save only 127.0.0.1 lines in hosts_127_only.txt file :p

And yes delete 127.0.0.1 a d f.l y from file it will create more problems than help :p

ha yes ! thank !

better protection than known Adaway , OK ! thank again ! :good:

when i have more time ,i will test :p

Adaway work only with 4 sources lists by default ( you can add more ... ) and it's much more popular because more easiest to use on parameters ,and more "light"