Hotmail / MSN POP3 settings

Search This thread

dubstar_04

Sep 17, 2008
Manchester
It seems that this is a little known fact that msn / Hotmail pop3 access can be gained using these settings.

I find that K9 Mail works better than the standard email app.

Incoming:
Username: [email protected]
Password: your password
POP server: pop3.live.com
Port: 995
Security type: SSL (always)

Outgoing:
SMTP server: smtp.live.com
Port: 25 / 587
Security type: TLS (always)

When i first set an account up it brings back some blank mail, which i delete after that it works fine.

Regards,

Dubstar_04

Last edited:

jamesd86

Feb 7, 2009
Delaware
not sure if this still works but back in december you could get your existing hotmail.com account linked by changing your location to Australia and using default settings.

ckacey

Mar 20, 2006
www.grlt.com
I just set it up as an account to import from on my GMail and its working great so far. Over 10k messages imported and now I have a decent junk mail filter and can see when I get an email in a timely fashion rather than having to remember to login to hotmail every once in a while.

who_me

Mar 31, 2010
Thread revival! I've put in the above settings but my phone doesn't seem to want to connect with the hotmail account. Yet its accepted the settings. I go to launch the mail app, the little refresh icon spins but no emails come up (even though I know I have unread emails waiting for me). Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Thanks!

n64_ali

Feb 9, 2010
Thread revival! I've put in the above settings but my phone doesn't seem to want to connect with the hotmail account. Yet its accepted the settings. I go to launch the mail app, the little refresh icon spins but no emails come up (even though I know I have unread emails waiting for me). Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Thanks!

I'm actually having the same problem as of late. The settings used to work fine but recently, it refuses to download my new messages. Strange stuff. Any ideas?

gjc

Apr 9, 2008
I'm actually having the same problem as of late. The settings used to work fine but recently, it refuses to download my new messages. Strange stuff. Any ideas?
Just had the same issue with my Hotmail.co.uk in K9, everything had been working up until the last couple of days, no changes had been made.

I had tried re-entering the fetching mail details, which it accepted, but still no mail was being fetched.

I managed to fix it by:
- From the account summary page, tap & hold on the account
- Choose 'Advanced'
- Choose 'Recreate data (last resort)'

NOTE: This will wipe any existing mails from the chosen K9 account & recreate the account profile.

All my emails then came flooding in :)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It seems that this is a little known fact that msn / Hotmail pop3 access can be gained using these settings.

I find that K9 Mail works better than the standard email app.

Incoming:
    POP server: pop3.live.com
    Port: 995
    Security type: SSL (always)

Outgoing:
    SMTP server: smtp.live.com
    Port: 25 / 587
    Security type: TLS (always)

When i first set an account up it brings back some blank mail, which i delete after that it works fine.

Regards,

Dubstar_04
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone