• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Hotmail on Windows Mobile 6.1

Search This thread

bbonga

Sep 19, 2008
On my Windows Mobile 5, I had my Hotmail account in my Outlook. It looked just like any other email account. Now with WM6 on my Touch Pro, when I try to set up my Hotmail account, it just opens the web browser and take me to the Hotmail website, so I must log in there to get my emails. Just like any other webmail.
Is there a way to get Hotmail in my Outlook on WM6? :confused:

camtindall

Aug 30, 2007
Have you tried logging into Messenger on the device? It should take you to the Windows Live setup screen, then select sync email (I disabled the sync contacts thing since it messed up my contacts). Hotmail should appear in your mail accounts then

mputtr

Nov 12, 2008
California, USA
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
heya, I'm a first time wimo user and i tried to do the stuff you mentioned above, but it didn't work. I got into messenger, but it takes me straight to my contacts list. apart from that i couldn't find the option to sync the contact list. I accessed the messenger software through messages/messenger

venom037

Oct 2, 2008
Have you tried logging into Messenger on the device? It should take you to the Windows Live setup screen, then select sync email (I disabled the sync contacts thing since it messed up my contacts). Hotmail should appear in your mail accounts then

thanks for this, ur a star... this should be a sticky~!!! most annoying thing ever.

phrozact

Apr 26, 2007
heya, I'm a first time wimo user and i tried to do the stuff you mentioned above, but it didn't work. I got into messenger, but it takes me straight to my contacts list. apart from that i couldn't find the option to sync the contact list. I accessed the messenger software through messages/messenger
While you were setting up your Messenger account there should be a screen that asks if you want to syncronise your Hotmail contacts and emails to your device. If you missed that you might need to re-do the signup process again.

venom037

Oct 2, 2008
actually, this does work but if u log out of messenger, the mailbox also disappears... hummm...... so its not a perm solution.

mike_co

Nov 7, 2008
I encounter a similiar as you do. I have dl another version Windows Live from http://wl.windowsmobile.com, but you have to remove the HTC PRO existing version which have IM function, this one dl does not. [I use Ebuddy to connect my MSN instead.]

semo22

Nov 14, 2008
Carbondale
Hotmail location

I checked through my installed programs and the only messaging client i can find is the one with msn aol and yahoo bundled together. is it possible i need to instal a cab to get the messenger w/ hotmail working, or iam i not looing in the correct directory on the fuze?

Anerox

Dec 25, 2008
only 50 e-mails ?

although i got my hotmail in my messages inbox i can only see the last 50 e-mail messages, when i synchronise my hotmail on my Pro it stops at 50, but if i remove 1 mail from my device and sync again then the device only downloads 1 more email to top up to 50..

all i want is ALL my emails downloaded at the same time, not max 50. :(

please help.. :)

NFRCER

Jul 2, 2007
Email TF3D Tab> Inbox> Menu> Tools> Manage Folders> Inbox> Folder Options> Inbox Options.
More explanation on the bottom -Hope this helps-

Scroll to the "Email" TF3D tab. Once there, click "Inbox" (on the bottom to the left).
> Once inside your "Inbox", click "Menu" (on the bottom to the right).
> In the "Menu" box Highlight and select "Tools.
> The "Tools" box will bring another box, in it Highlight and select "Manage Folders".
> Once inside "Manage Folders" Tap and hold the "Inbox" folder.
> This brings a small box, Highlight and select "Folder Options" which will take ya to another screen Called "Inbox" options.
> Once there you can choose how many days to download or and whether the entire message or only its header.

Last edited:

zyexx

Jan 4, 2009
Kingston

Does this work if you want to add more than one Hotmail accounts?