Hotspot limit to 8 clients

Rocklake

Jan 11, 2021
So, for my disappointment android 10 & Zenfone 7 has limited hotspot clients to only 8 . Is there any fix for this in android 11 ? I use the phone as only connection at home too and i could barely live with 10 client limit, better if no limit at all.

Tagion

Jul 16, 2016
So, for my disappointment android 10 & Zenfone 7 has limited hotspot clients to only 8 . Is there any fix for this in android 11 ? I use the phone as only connection at home too and i could barely live with 10 client limit, better if no limit at all.
You could just buy a cheap wifi repeater and connect it to your phone and connect other devices to that repeater

Rocklake

Jan 11, 2021
You could just buy a cheap wifi repeater and connect it to your phone and connect other devices to that repeater
Actually Tried it but no success. Somehow the limitation is still on the repeater. And in fact this way i get 1 client less because repeater itself needs one place. Tried with 2 different brands but both had the same limitation.

Rocklake

Jan 11, 2021
Use USB tether to a router?
Yes This one works but it's not so handy since then the phone is tied to router and is not charging properly, the amperes from router can barely keep the remaining battery % but no charge or very slow. Would be so much easier to get rid of that stupid client limit that is built into zenfone.

Tagion

Jul 16, 2016
Actually Tried it but no success. Somehow the limitation is still on the repeater. And in fact this way i get 1 client less because repeater itself needs one place. Tried with 2 different brands but both had the same limitation.
You have to set your Repeater to a different SSID, because at default it uses the same SSID as your phone, which causes that limitation again