Houdini ARM-x86: Library cannot started by Houdini

Search This thread

AndroidHells

Jan 8, 2022
Hello,

i searching and trying now since 2months to get my library to run. Im using the free emulator NOX, MEMU, LD to test it.

Current emulator (MEMU) starting the app (ARM) now alot of other libraries (x86 and also ARM) getting loaded, but as soon the library i use mylib.so (ARM) gets loaded by the x86 process
houdini is not catching it (yes it has the correct elf magic code in it so which is used for identifying the elf and everything should go over houdini) but instead i get e_machine 40 error for
not supporting ARM on x86. Houdini is ignoring my lib.

Is it not possible to start an ARM library from a x86 process by using houdini? is it not the purpose of it, to make it work?

i placed the mylib.so in [ /system/lib/ ] is it maybe the case i need to put it in [ /system/lib/arm ] ?

What i am doing wrong.

Thank you.

xXx yYy

Feb 4, 2017
AFAIK MEMU can run in 64-bit mode ( means run a 64-bit Android image ).

desktop-shortcut.jpg

xXx yYy

Feb 4, 2017
LIBHOUDINI.SO ( the Intel-ARM translator what isn't freely available , means it isn't open source ) only is used on x86/x86_64 emulators like MEMU, and only if "native-bridge" is enabled in Android's build.prop file, AFAIK.

Last edited:

AndroidHells

Jan 8, 2022
Yes, and its also working for other ARM libs but simply not for mine, and i would just like to understand. Why houdini is not starting my mylib.so from a x86 compiled process.

the normal output from houdini is:
C++:
10-05 12:08:57.325  3744  3744 D houdini : [3744] Added shared library /data/app/com.test.me/lib/arm/libqop.so for ClassLoader by Native Bridge.

but only mylib.so is not recongnized by it.