• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Hovernote: Floating notepad for Tablets!

Search This thread

MRCANNADY

Mar 13, 2009
Hey guys, just found a new app called Hovernote for $.99 in the playstore:

'It's simply a note app that hovers over whatever you're doing. In a world where it's necessary to launch a full-screen app on a ten inch device to jot down three words, Hovernote is a godsend. You can have multiple notes open, copy, paste and share from them, and even use the app on phones/tablets"

The more apps like these we get, the more I can appreciate what Android brings to the table!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...251bGwsMSwxLDMsImNvbS5tamxpbS5ob3Zlcm5vdGUiXQ

Last edited:

Craaaig_

Jun 5, 2012
Thank you mjlim for creating another floating app to add to my arsenal :D . I bought it instantly once coming across the android police article to show my support for more floating apps (hint: I buy all floating apps :) )

Zephyrot

Dec 29, 2008
Stuttgart
Woot! Another floating app bought.

Really useful app, and if they keep popping at those prices I'm gonna buy all of them ^^

Read the save locally feature is being worked on... the app is looking really neat. Great work :)

mjlim

Jun 1, 2012
Vancouver
Is there also a free or trial version? I would like to try it first. Seems to be a nice app though!

Currently, no. I might do one in the future, but for now you can purchase the app and try it out for about 10 minutes; Google Play has a 15-minute return window in which if you don't like an app, you can have your purchase refunded (more accurately, never charged) via a button on the app's page.

anoneemooz

Aug 17, 2010
San Juan
It's funny how I and another person who commented on the Android Police post about the floating app library were just hoping for someone to make a floating note taking app and a day or 2 after, there we have it!

Too cool. Bought it in a heartbeat. Thanks dev!

Tritium3.016

Nov 8, 2010
London
Got this app and I love it. I works over everything, video, office, browser. Swiftkey is active on it so spellcheck is also available. Nice.

To the author;
New features that I'd love to see. A widget instead of status bar notification and direct text file save.
Thanks!

Tritium

mjlim

Jun 1, 2012
Vancouver
Hi!

Just so you know, I released an update yesterday that includes:
text file read/write
window transparency
an option to turn off the notification that appears after you close the last note

I'm not too sure about using a widget, since you can only access those from the homescreen... maybe I could display a list of recently opened files in a widget eventually, though.

I've gotten some feedback on there being too many notifications, so I'll see if I can come up with some alternative means (configurable, because I don't want to force it on people) to select individual notes.

brantje

Jan 14, 2008
Friendstream.net
Hi!

text file read/write
window transparency
an option to turn off the notification that appears after you close the last note

I'm not too sure about using a widget, since you can only access those from the homescreen... maybe I could display a list of recently opened files in a widget eventually, though.

I've gotten some feedback on there being too many notifications, so I'll see if I can come up with some alternative means (configurable, because I don't want to force it on people) to select individual notes.
Or yellow sticky notes that could display the notes

knucklehead_11

Feb 21, 2011
Middle East
Really liking this app. Its nice being able to use this app and sending the notes to my regular note taking app. I'm liking the floating window apps that are starting to come out.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

Skullmonkey

Jul 31, 2010
Love the app. There is a method to get it free out there but after 3-4 days (when I got paid), I bought it to support the dev.

One thing I would like to see is an option to set a default open/save location. I usually save mine to sdcard/notes/.

mjlim

Jun 1, 2012
Vancouver
Love the app. There is a method to get it free out there but after 3-4 days (when I got paid), I bought it to support the dev.

One thing I would like to see is an option to set a default open/save location. I usually save mine to sdcard/notes/.

Thanks for buying it. I didn't include any of the licensing or antipiracy libraries because it would be inconvenient, and the app is open source anyway; I definitely appreciate your purchase!

In the last version hovernote now remembers the last folder you were in when you opened or saved a file, and that's the default next time you open the file picker.

Reactions: knucklehead_11

Skullmonkey

Jul 31, 2010
Thanks for buying it. I didn't include any of the licensing or antipiracy libraries because it would be inconvenient, and the app is open source anyway; I definitely appreciate your purchase!

In the last version hovernote now remembers the last folder you were in when you opened or saved a file, and that's the default next time you open the file picker.

Doesn't seem to be working for me then. Just tried it on my TFP and it is going to the SD card every time.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, I'm the dev. I'm glad to see you're enjoying my app! If you have any questions just let me know.
    Hi!

text file read/write
    window transparency

Hey guys, just found a new app called Hovernote for $.99 in the playstore:

'It's simply a note app that hovers over whatever you're doing. In a world where it's necessary to launch a full-screen app on a ten inch device to jot down three words, Hovernote is a godsend. You can have multiple notes open, copy, paste and share from them, and even use the app on phones/tablets"

The more apps like these we get, the more I can appreciate what Android brings to the table!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...251bGwsMSwxLDMsImNvbS5tamxpbS5ob3Zlcm5vdGUiXQ