How bad is the screen gap, or how does it affect you?

Search This thread

Pingas12

Jun 26, 2012
Hello everyone!
I'm looking forward to upgrade my phone and most chances it will be the Pixel 5, notably for its small size compared to my current phone (OnePlus 3T) and 5G connectivity (As you may have realized, I'm not upgrading very often and I want to be future proof on connectivity, otherwise I would've take the 4a)

Anyway, I've been following and reading about the phone since launch, and I know there was a screen gap issue.
My question is, is there anyone here who have this gap, and if you do did it affect anything about the phone in that time? does it get worse? stays the same? or any other issues I should be aware of?

Thanks in advance! :)

Pingas12

Jun 26, 2012
The gap is minor. Overblown issue imo. You can barely notice it. I can slide a piece of paper between the body and screen, that's about it.

Thanks! that's the kind of response I hoped to receive, I was somewhat worried when it was first discovered and hearing about people returning their phones. How long do you have the device if I may ask?

And anyone else who can share their experience, please, go ahead!

Ducter

Jan 10, 2009
Mine looks fine as well, I submerged my phone for 20 minutes in the sink just to test everything and it's fine. Did get the warning about wet usb port but that's obvious and expected. I just get on with it, I couldn't detect a gap, tested the best way I knew.

Pingas12

Jun 26, 2012
Wow, thanks everyone!

One more thing, as far as I know this phone isn't officially sold where I live but rather is being imported independently by certain stores. Is there any detail I should look for in regards to compatibility with frequencies? especially 5G? (Again, 5G is the main reason I chose this phone over the 4a).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The gap is minor. Overblown issue imo. You can barely notice it. I can slide a piece of paper between the body and screen, that's about it.
    Shoved mine in a case and forgot about it.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone