• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Question How bad is your Chinese ROM ?

Search This thread

Asnamus

Apr 7, 2019
Xiaomi Mi 11
Cuz mine sucks big time!
It is the worst android experience I have ever had. It's so bad that is ruining my MI11 overall experience.
Few more days untill unlock and I will wait for Global rom because I had Redmi K20 and EU rom was a bit bugy. Also important to know is that it must be flashed over original Chinese rom. If you flash EU rom on Chinese and than Global rom on EU from my experience it will make some bugs and wont work properly.
So needed to stick with this disaster really bad Chinese blocking controlling rom...

Examples: Viber rings , I look at my phone I hear it rings I am looking at it but theres nothing on display.
Whatever settings I adjust it just keep getting back some of his settings.
I use gboard so whenever I switch phone on , or restart device I need to select gboard again. It just bring back his Chinese Sogou keyboard...
Also some weird bug with messenger when chat head is on home screen, when I open conversation it devides display in 2 and bottom part is see trough with home screen...
Also with all the settings like autostart on , battery saver - no restrictions, and lock app in recents I dont get messeges through sometimes. And thats for messenger, WhatsApp, Viber and so on..
Youtube vanced ... It took me 3 days to find proper version that will work without bugs. Its 15.43.32 version and not the black, black one have bugs , and if I update that version start having some weird bugs and all the other yt vanced are just worse..
There's more 🙂
My ringtone is some melody that I downloaded and chosed in sound settings, but it rings with MI melody ...
I have 2 networks in my home and it keeps conecting to other network even with forget network chosed and auto connect off...
This morning is the first morning that device stayed on after night. I sleep with airplane mode and every morning till this one the device was swiched off when I wake up and I left it on airplane mode.
Some weird bugs also with display switching off during use of some apps when tilt device or move it somehow...
Theres more but can't remember now so please write your experience.
I am on newest update 12.0.22.

Reactions: hexacetat

hexacetat

Nov 12, 2011
Frankfurt
It's really bad.

7h SOT with 60Hz FHD+, Lag after taking a picture in whatsapp, whatsapp notifications appearing multiple times, whatsapp showing numbers / forgetting contact assigns, Permissions get reset, Google Pay is not starting if I try to pay, several notification issues on other apps, not everything is translated to enlgish.

I wanted to go back to my Mate 20 Pro so bad but already sold it on ebay =(

Reactions: Asnamus

Asnamus

Apr 7, 2019
Xiaomi Mi 11
Super bad !!
Also when I listen music over Bluetooth in the car with SoundCloud app it just stop the playback after few minutes , .. killer annoying software !
Its gonna be hard to wait for the global rom
Also, always on display switches off about 10 minutes after it stays in idle even when set to say always on !
Auto britnes not working so good. I have to adjust it all the time ..

Last edited:

Mad18zero1

Feb 19, 2021
It's really bad.

7h SOT with 60Hz FHD+, Lag after taking a picture in whatsapp, whatsapp notifications appearing multiple times, whatsapp showing numbers / forgetting contact assigns, Permissions get reset, Google Pay is not starting if I try to pay, several notification issues on other apps, not everything is translated to enlgish.

Open Setting - apps - menage apps - whatsapp - permission - Read your contact - always allow ..done

Asnamus

Apr 7, 2019
Xiaomi Mi 11
Yesterday uper speaker started switching off. After first restart it worked. Than again stoped. Than after second restart id didn't worked and I made a call and that triggered it to wotk. So it must be a software bug....

tommysbeast

Jan 1, 2014
Yes the CN rom is bad. EU rom is so much better. With EU I haven't had to tweak every app permission as notifications are working properly. Also get the Google feed on the left and everything works - no bugs after 2 weeks of using it.

I was so happy with the EU rom that I donated to the project.

wxss

Apr 9, 2019
Because there is a wall in China, the Chinese version of the rom is only optimized for Chinese users, not necessarily suitable for foreign

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Cuz mine sucks big time!
    It is the worst android experience I have ever had. It's so bad that is ruining my MI11 overall experience.
    Few more days untill unlock and I will wait for Global rom because I had Redmi K20 and EU rom was a bit bugy. Also important to know is that it must be flashed over original Chinese rom. If you flash EU rom on Chinese and than Global rom on EU from my experience it will make some bugs and wont work properly.
    So needed to stick with this disaster really bad Chinese blocking controlling rom...

Examples: Viber rings , I look at my phone I hear it rings I am looking at it but theres nothing on display.
    Whatever settings I adjust it just keep getting back some of his settings.
    I use gboard so whenever I switch phone on , or restart device I need to select gboard again. It just bring back his Chinese Sogou keyboard...
    Also some weird bug with messenger when chat head is on home screen, when I open conversation it devides display in 2 and bottom part is see trough with home screen...
    Also with all the settings like autostart on , battery saver - no restrictions, and lock app in recents I dont get messeges through sometimes. And thats for messenger, WhatsApp, Viber and so on..
    Youtube vanced ... It took me 3 days to find proper version that will work without bugs. Its 15.43.32 version and not the black, black one have bugs , and if I update that version start having some weird bugs and all the other yt vanced are just worse..
    There's more 🙂
    My ringtone is some melody that I downloaded and chosed in sound settings, but it rings with MI melody ...
    I have 2 networks in my home and it keeps conecting to other network even with forget network chosed and auto connect off...
    This morning is the first morning that device stayed on after night. I sleep with airplane mode and every morning till this one the device was swiched off when I wake up and I left it on airplane mode.
    Some weird bugs also with display switching off during use of some apps when tilt device or move it somehow...
    Theres more but can't remember now so please write your experience.
    I am on newest update 12.0.22.
    It's really bad.