How can I customize the used screen space.

Search This thread

saurabh000345

May 23, 2018
So I damaged my phone screen and got a non-original screen as a replacement. The new screen-space is not as tall and so the top part of the status bar is getting cropped off. Is there a way for me to fix this? Probably something that could decrease the screen space my ROM is using by a few pixels?

ThatLatinGuy

Jul 30, 2013
Wich phone model and software version are you running ?

You may try changin the dpi to make it fit in , some phones have it inside the developer settings

saurabh000345

May 23, 2018
Wich phone model and software version are you running ?

You may try changin the dpi to make it fit in , some phones have it inside the developer settings
I am using an Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1. Android 12 EvolutionX ROM. I will try searching the Developer Options.

EDIT: I did mess up my device and get it into a boot loop by trying to change the display cutout. It's fixed now. But yeah I couldn't find a relevant option. Would be really great if you could give me a bit more precise solution.

Last edited:

xXx yYy

Feb 4, 2017
The system component that draws the statusbar is SystemUI.apk and, inside it, you will find the images (all the "/res/drawable/sec_stat_sys_*.spr" files) and several XML files that coordinate the overall layout.

saurabh000345

May 23, 2018
The system component that draws the statusbar is SystemUI.apk and, inside it, you will find the images (all the "/res/drawable/sec_stat_sys_*.spr" files) and several XML files that coordinate the overall layout.
I sort of understand what you're saying but this would mean some experimentation and since I don't have a backup device. I don't think with my present schedule I'll be able to spend time experimenting with it. Can you provide some more precise help? Is there no option to tweak things?