• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

How can I export contacts from POCO X3 NFC to PC ?

Search This thread

Merel469

Sep 15, 2021
I can't find how to export all contacts to PC. The user manual is just childish stupid !

This must include all data (Name, phone numbers, etc)

Must I connect the device to a usb port or wifi and upload to cloud ?

Are they located on simcard or somewhere inside the device ?

Alrich

May 3, 2015
Goa
1: Open Contacts app separately. (Not through dialer.)
2: Press 3 dots top right.
3: Select All
4: Click the share button.
5: From there you can choose to share it or save it locally on your phone which can then be copied to PC.

All contacts will be condensed into one .vcf file which is recognised by all phones.

All the best.

Merel469

Sep 15, 2021
Thank you Alrich

After creating the vcf file:
I see the share icon. The wanted choice for me would be to send that file to the PC.
The Poco X3 NFC is usb connected to my pc with function file transfer allowed.

On the Poco screen I assume that the 'monitor' icon is the symbol for local pc ?
Clicking that option opens right away the app Casten which is asking access (3 options shown).

This app seems to be mandatory. I would have expected instantaneous copy operation instead of again another app authorization.

So far so good. But what to do with issue ‘Casten' ?

Even when going in this application settings and allowing 'location' I keep turning in a loop.

Last edited:

Merel469

Sep 15, 2021
I now try #4 (sharing with my gmail account).
The process shows a large spinning wheel and above a text Informatie controleren ... (Dutch). This seems to spin for ever.
By the way, I will change the language to English, for the purpose of reporting exactly what appears on screen..

Merel469

Sep 15, 2021
At #3
I made a faulty assumption. The 'screen' icon is not for pc sharing. It seems to be for sharing the vcf file on screens ! What the hell has "exporting contacts" to do with sharing screens. Very confusing.

Noter2017

Dec 10, 2016
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
Xiaomi Mi Band 4
The process shows a large spinning wheel and above a text Informatie controleren ... (Dutch). This seems to spin for ever.
By the way, I will change the language to English, for the purpose of reporting exactly what appears on screen.
No idea what that might be. Maybe you have many contacts.

You can also try this:

Contacts - Share

And then select a file manager app. That way you can simply save the vcf file on your phone.

Then connect your phone to your PC and then copy the vcf file over

Reactions: Merel469

Merel469

Sep 15, 2021
Meanwhile I managed to store Contacts on my PC.
But first, let me tell what NOT to do : Exporting to merged CSV file would be ok, if Excel would open that in a usual view. That however is not the case because Excel shows a useless scrambled view mixing all commas and data.

I found a free software that converts the csv file to another file that shows a normal view in Excel. Download from SourceForge https://sourceforge.net/projects/bulkvcftocsv/

Using that software Excel opens all Contacts as a normal sheet. This is easy to edit.
I assume that it can be used to import in iPhone devices.

No need to export contacts to pc via Google account, but you might like to do that also.
I do not know if there is any other easier method. Eventually why make things too simple if there is a more difficult way ? :mad:

pnin

Aug 26, 2010
LG G Pad 8.3
ZTE Axon 7
But first, let me tell what NOT to do : Exporting to merged CSV file would be ok, if Excel would open that in a usual view. That however is not the case because Excel shows a useless scrambled view mixing all commas and data.

Possible cause: CSV standard is Comma Separated Values; in my experience and unless properly configured, Excel expects Colon Separated Values...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1: Open Contacts app separately. (Not through dialer.)
    2: Press 3 dots top right.
    3: Select All
    4: Click the share button.
    5: From there you can choose to share it or save it locally on your phone which can then be copied to PC.

All contacts will be condensed into one .vcf file which is recognised by all phones.

All the best.
    fter creating the vcf file:
    I see the share icon. The wanted choice for me would be to send that file to the PC.
    Can't you simply send the file to your email account and then download it on your PC?
    By the way, I will change the language to English, for the purpose of reporting exactly what appears on screen.
    No idea what that might be. Maybe you have many contacts.

You can also try this:

Contacts - Share

And then select a file manager app. That way you can simply save the vcf file on your phone.

Then connect your phone to your PC and then copy the vcf file over