Question How can I get root in Second space?

Search This thread

hellothanku

May 20, 2022
settings- special features - second space

I added a xposed module to LSPosed's security space, it works in Second space, but I can't get root when switch miui system to second space no matter what.

The second space seems to be a function developed based on Android multi-user technology

hellothanku

May 20, 2022
Record the solution: adjust the multi-user setting of magisk to user-independent, install magisk.apk in second space, then reboot the system and enter second space again, you can manage the root authorization.

kimberlynjoy35

Dec 9, 2022
It is said that second space is like having another phone. But not exactly. Both space are just using same resources hardware and everything. Understand it this way. Like you have a Windows machine. You created an user account for your self and another user account for your sister. Windows boots up, you enter through your password you will see a sperate wallpaper apps and your hard disk space which is alloted to you. While when your sister log in with her password she gets different apps theme and memory space which is alloted to her. She can't interfere in your space while you can't in hers. While Computer/Windows is just the same. This is all concept of Multi User OS. DQFanSurvey

Last edited:
Reactions: cyanGalaxy

cyanGalaxy

Dec 30, 2018
Germany
Sony Xperia M
Moto G4
It is said that second space is like having another phone. But not exactly. Both space are just using same resources hardware and everything. Understand it this way. Like you have a Windows machine. You created an user account for your self and another user account for your sister. Windows boots up, you enter through your password you will see a sperate wallpaper apps and your hard disk space which is alloted to you. While when your sister log in with her password she gets different apps theme and memory space which is alloted to her. She can't interfere in your space while you can't in hers. While Computer/Windows is just the same. This is all concept of Multi User OS.
Yup.
Second Space is just a rebranded version of AOSP's already-integrated Multi-User Support, which they have already for quite some time.

It's especially useful for tablets which often get shared around the family, or around a company.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm not on MIUI, but can you add Magisk-App to Second Space?
    Also, Magisk has a setting called "Multi-user Mode", can you do anything with that?
    Record the solution: adjust the multi-user setting of magisk to user-independent, install magisk.apk in second space, then reboot the system and enter second space again, you can manage the root authorization.
    I'm not on MIUI, but can you add Magisk-App to Second Space?
    Also, Magisk has a setting called "Multi-user Mode", can you do anything with that?

thanks, "user-independent" mode ! That's it
    It is said that second space is like having another phone. But not exactly. Both space are just using same resources hardware and everything. Understand it this way. Like you have a Windows machine. You created an user account for your self and another user account for your sister. Windows boots up, you enter through your password you will see a sperate wallpaper apps and your hard disk space which is alloted to you. While when your sister log in with her password she gets different apps theme and memory space which is alloted to her. She can't interfere in your space while you can't in hers. While Computer/Windows is just the same. This is all concept of Multi User OS. DQFanSurvey