Question How can I get the google assistant working on my galaxy active watch 2 with my P7P?

Search This thread

Schroeder09

Nov 6, 2017
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I need help. I'm no developer. I've been following this video to try getting my wife's G2 Active and Google assistant working on her P7P. This method worked several years ago and she had the assistant running on her G2 active over her Note 8. Now we've upgraded to the P7P's though. However, since this video was created there are more required fields to creat the Oauth client ID. A package name and SHA-1 certificate fingerprint are required. I can get the package name of the GAssist.net companion app (com.cybernetic87.GAssist), but i don't know how to get the SHA-1 certificate fingerprint or even really what that is. I tried setting up the OAuth as a limited input device since it's a watch. When I load the secret json file on the phone the app crashes during the authentication attempt. What do I do? It's absolutely ridiciulous that the google assistant could never be put on the galaxy watches directly.

Schroeder09

Nov 6, 2017
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Google Assistant is built into the Pixel software. Are you talking about a custom ROM?
Sorry. Thanks for the correction. The title missed a very, very important detail that I want the Google assistant working on my watch. This could used to be done with a GAssist companion app and enabling the assistant API, downloading the oauth. Json API thing to the app that is on the watch and the phone, and it worked. Now the instructions seem to need updated a little because the Google cloud page is a bit different and I think more info is required to be input- that's what I've tried explaining in the OP. I was hoping someone would know what I'm trying to do and see this. I'd I had to guess this is probably something simple. I just don't know what it is.

I need help. I'm no developer. I've been following this video to try getting my wife's G2 Active and Google assistant working on her P7P. This method worked several years ago and she had the assistant running on her G2 active over her Note 8. Now we've upgraded to the P7P's though. However, since this video was created there are more required fields to creat the Oauth client ID. A package name and SHA-1 certificate fingerprint are required. I can get the package name of the GAssist.net companion app (com.cybernetic87.GAssist), but i don't know how to get the SHA-1 certificate fingerprint or even really what that is. I tried setting up the OAuth as a limited input device since it's a watch. When I load the secret json file on the phone the app crashes during the authentication attempt. What do I do? It's absolutely ridiciulous that the google assistant could never be put on the galaxy watches directly.
It looks like the dev of that app has abandoned it

Schroeder09

Nov 6, 2017
Google Pixel 7 Pro
It looks like the dev of that app has abandoned it

Are you saying that based off the fact that he hasn't updated it in a while? Wouldn't the original idea still work though? I just need to know how to get that Json file in which options need selected to access the Google Assistant API when setting up the OAuth key on the Google cloud. Shouldn't that still work?

Are you saying that based off the fact that he hasn't updated it in a while? Wouldn't the original idea still work though? I just need to know how to get that Json file in which options need selected to access the Google Assistant API when setting up the OAuth key on the Google cloud. Shouldn't that still work?
That's way above my pay grade, I know just enough about it to screw it up.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Google Assistant is built into the Pixel software. Are you talking about a custom ROM?