How can i mirror my screen to my tv? Without a Network

Search This thread

Andromendous

Feb 15, 2014
Hey all, I was just wondering if anyone knows a way to mirror my screen to my tv. Its a Samsung smart tv with wifi. Right now im running Cataclysm M rom and I've tried a few different ways with no luck. I've seen a few videos that show kitkat had an option under display to mirro screen but its not there in M. I know i can use Chrome cast but i dont have a network at home right now. Any ideas?

scryan

Oct 19, 2013
Did it work on LP, that is did you actually use it with out being on a network together?

Would seem the devices need to be networked in someway...

Have you tried using your phones hotspot and connecting your TV to it? I would imagine this would answer the "same network" issue... Even though it may not be ideal or elegant.

Andromendous

Feb 15, 2014
I never tried it on LP, i got the tv after i moved to M, I see there are ways to do it with a Miricast dongle and wifi direct, but their a bit pricey, i was just hoping someone knew another way to do it.

And ya, i can tether to it and watch youtube and stuff, but it'd be nice to be able to just mirror the screen and not use tethering.

Felipe24

May 21, 2020
Screen mirroring Motorola one

Hello,
I have a root Motorola one Android 10, but I can't share my screen to my Samsung smart TV, i search a lot but I didn't have success, first I edited the build.prop lines,

persist.debug.wfd.enable=1 (before it was persist.debug.wfd.enable=0)

persist.hwc.enable_vds=0 (before it was persist.hwc.enable_vds=1)

I added this in the end
wlan.wfd.hdcp=disable

I added another line but I don't remember all because I erased it, i only remember the beginning

Persist.sys....

But it can't work, in my TV only show something like
"Screen mirroring: motorola is connecting" but then the signal is lost

Nothing that I tried work, only one thing is good and is that in my cellphone in the option of share screen after change this line: persist.debug.wfd.enable=1 (before it was persist.debug.wfd.enable=0) I could activate wireless screen and it let me TRY to connect with my TV but without success.

In other post show the last configuration with an extra thing, I should edit a file (wfdconfig.xml) and it supposed to stay in this direction system/etc/ wfdconfig.xml. But I search in all files and I didn't find.

Maybe someone can help me.

Thanks.