How can I tell if an app is pre-installed on Android?

Search This thread
Yes, you can just look at a specific application, if your device does not enable you to uninstall, it is a pre-installed device.
In a pre-installed device, you can only disable the application but can't uninstall it.
I hope you find it useful, and if I come across any applications, I will make sure to share them with you.

Yes, you can just look at a specific application, if your device does not enable you to uninstall, it is a pre-installed device.
In a pre-installed device, you can only disable the application but can't uninstall it.
I hope you find it useful, and if I come across any applications, I will make sure to share them with you.
Well it's not as simple as that. You can always uninstall updates and revert back to the pre-installed (ROM) version.

I frequently have to uninstall Google and Google Maps to allow me to install updates to other apps because the calculation of the space required in Google Play Store and more so in Samsung's Galaxy Store is flawed. Once I have updated the the other apps, I update the Google apps to bring them up to date. I know that with those two apps I won't lose any data or settings as these are stored in the cloud of my Google account.

However, sometimes it is necessary to do something similar with other apps in order to update them but if they are not pre-installed and you uninstall them, you lose any configuration and settings when you reinstall. It would be nice to know in advance which apps are pre-installed and will therefore likely retain data and settings if you revert them and then update them.

As a side note, it always amazes me what is pre-installed in one phone and has become obsolete by the time that phone's successor comes along.