How Can I Use 3G USB Modem with Tablet s?

Search This thread

mobildepo

Apr 6, 2010
is there any one know?

I have huawei E170 3G modem and disable flashdrive mod. I disabled with DC-Unlocker client

But Tablet S did not recognize the 3g modem (Unsupported USB Device Connect)

Please Developer Friends Help me.

Thank You

iman1981

Jan 30, 2009
I dont know if it actually help but I saw this on tech republic when they open the tablet.

3G-ready motherboard and case: Sony left an open spot on the motherboard and inside the case for a 3G or 4G card. The internal mounting bracket even has screw holes for it.

Dont know if it is possible to add an internal modem or install driver for that.

Code:
techrepublic.com/blog/itdojo/sony-tablet-s-teardown-wild-wedge-shaped-case-hides-unique-hardware/2930

djlars

Apr 15, 2011
Is there anything new? I have got rooted ICS on my tablet. Is it possible to use 3G USB Modem on my tablet? I have got 2 USB-Modems. The first is ZTE K3565-Z and the second is Option 4G Systems XS Stick P14. Is there a solution?

agc93

Mar 14, 2011
Brisbane
Is there anything new? I have got rooted ICS on my tablet. Is it possible to use 3G USB Modem on my tablet? I have got 2 USB-Modems. The first is ZTE K3565-Z and the second is Option 4G Systems XS Stick P14. Is there a solution?
If darkjesus's method didn't work, then I'm not sure anything will. These modems are not easy to work on a lighter system like Android.

I'm happy to be proven wrong, of course.

djlars

Apr 15, 2011
In a german forum, i found an app called "UMTS Manager". With this app you can connect with 3G Networks with some Huawei-Sticks and maybe some other devices, too. They use mode-switch to switch device mode to modem only and then it works for them. Here's the link:
http://www.android-hilfe.de/asus-ee...-stick-zum-laufen-kriegen-17.html#post3236187
Of course, a lot of pages :D But some of them got ZTE K3565-Z working. For me it doensn't. Maybe we can find a solution

djlars

Apr 15, 2011
I found the reason, why it does not work on Tablet S. Our Tablet does not create ttyUSB*-devices when attaching 3G Modem to the Tablet. Normally it creates ttyUSB*-devices, attaches the Modem there and you are able to connect. I think it's a kernel issue or Sony modified the kernel. But with Custom Rom and Kernel which has got this "feature" it is possible to connect via 3G Modem. Maybe one of us could create this custom Rom..

Cat McGowan

Apr 28, 2012
About a year...is this question solved? I just bought sony tablet s 32gb wifi and of course hoping usb modem work

You will have better success looking for a portable 3G-to-WiFi hotspot device. Not only will you not have to worry about installing USB modem drivers, the device will work with a non-rooted tablet. Also, if you have a 3G smart phone, look into WiFi tethering.

RandyAnggara

Dec 3, 2010
You will have better success looking for a portable 3G-to-WiFi hotspot device. Not only will you not have to worry about installing USB modem drivers, the device will work with a non-rooted tablet. Also, if you have a 3G smart phone, look into WiFi tethering.

Yup, finally I bought portable 3g/4g wireless n router. Easy to use. Thanks by the way.