How can we make the XDA forums better?

Search This thread

gav83collins

We do have control over condescending people, if you notice any disrespectful posts breaking the forum rules, you can use the report button and the moderation team will handle it.

So you have the control and moderators too. 😊
i think you misunderstood my point, we cant control what people say, we can do something about it once its be said.......but by then they have already said it

Reactions: Timmmmaaahh!

woodman

Senior Moderator / Moderator Committee Lead
Staff member
Jul 21, 2012
🌲 Isère, France
OnePlus 7T
i think you misunderstood my point, we cant control what people say, we can do something about it once its be said.......but by then they have already said it
OK but hopefully people won't say it again if we Mods work with them about what they said. So we kinda have the control.
EDIT: Moreover, if the moderator in charge is quick enough, the offending post can be edited or removed before most of the xda members can read it :)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I figured since we turned this forum into a Questions forum with up and down voting for each answer, I'd ask:

How can we make the XDA forums better?

No answer is too outlandish...be creative. We're listening!

Maybe you think we have too many ads, or maybe you think search totally sucks. Perhaps you want more theme options, or you want more ways to learn development. Whatever your idea is, we want to hear it! :)
    Yes, it's a "Trans" forum. It can compete in the forum olympics as a device because it identifies as a "device" despite not packing any internal or external device characteristics from birth.

This is in accordance with our more tolerant ways of thinking these days.
    We have moved beyond HTC exclusivity and we are now LGHTC+

We've also sucked the chocolate off the chocolate coated nuts making us just plain nuts, but crazy as we are, we're not so deluded as to keep XDA Assist as a device
    .... so I've cancelled its device membership.

Mike
    A 2-7 day waiting period to post for new members would discourage one thread wonders looking for a quick fix here rather than simple doing a Google search(s).
    Help dissuade spammers as well.
    Those with a sincere interest would suck up the wait...
    Its up to us active respected members to keep up this vibe.
    I got you completely mate.
    And if any member does not comply wirh our rules, you can help XDA by reporting.
    Cheers.
    How about a trophy for who dimes out the most?

A sterile site is a dead site. People post because they enjoy it. Friendly and not so friendly banter are part of a thriving forum.
    There's the ignore button which works quite well...
    "How we can make XDA better??"
    IMHO by starting to ged rid of all users/posters that only "post for the posting" and also all the "off topic posts" within threads. There is a lot of rivalry going around on XDA, which was a friendly and familiar site years ago. At this very moment, just as in real life unfortunately, there is a small bunch of "users/members" who with their behaviour spoils it for all the other "rule abiding" members. How can we solve that? I would be very willing in helping to solve this problem, kindest regards kuzibri
    Its up to us active respected members to keep up this vibe.
    I got you completely mate.
    And if any member does not comply wirh our rules, you can help XDA by reporting.
    Cheers.