Sr. Mod / Mod Cmte / Recognized Xmas Avatar Themer
- Sep 11, 2012
Hey Emily!There are a few ways to potentially improve the XDA forums:
- Encourage more active moderation to keep discussions on topic and to remove spam or offensive posts.
- Consider implementing a system for a rating or flagging posts to make it easier for users to identify high-quality content.
- Increase user engagement by encouraging users to participate in community-building activities, such as hackathons or coding competitions.
- Introduce new features and functionalities, such as a mobile app or integration with other platforms, to make it easier for users to access and participate in discussions.
- Consider creating a more personalized user experience by implementing a system that suggests content based on the user's interests.
- Make sure that the forum is easy to navigate, search and understand.
- Create a clear and detailed guideline on how to post and engage in the forum.
Thank you. Some great ideas there! Despite the title, I don't have much say in the direction our XDA ship is sailing but from experience I can provide a little feedback.
- We're currently a strong team of amazing people (here's a list) I have the honour of working with to keep this forum clean. You can't imagine the number of spam and such that doesn't even reach public view. Every single day our team makes vast efforts for the love of community. Of course, we can always use an extra hand. By all means, people, become a moderator!
- Some things are already in place. On the homepage there's the Top Forums, which is perhaps a bit too general. There's also a What's New to see what's currently going on. When viewing a thread, there's a 'TOP LIKED POSTS' on the right side that gives you a general idea of the most relevant posts in that thread. An interesting page is Notable Members, which gives you an overview of the most popular contributors. The current like-system should already give an indication of content quality.
- Very much a fan of this! Hear her out, XDA!
- The XDA app is a whole other category... I think there's currently a pretty low threshold to participate in discussions but ideas are always welcome!
- Not a fan of this myself. Do we want to become another social media platform? I'm not sure people want to be subjected to yet another algorithm. It would also defeat the purpose of many privacy focused projects here.
- We've already transitioned to a newer system that can better handle the mountains of data that XDA holds. It's still just a crazy amount so keeping a clean overview is a massive task. I personally think it's not too bad but there's always room for improvement. Search could be much better indeed.
- You may have spotted this gem on the Notable Members page, @sd_shadow has your back! Make sure to check out the [Index] XDA 2021: How to Navigate the New Site Layout thread, a masterful guide of all things XDA. Oh and don't forget the Forum Rules!