• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question How can we speed up the custom rom avaialability for this phone. Can someone tell me what can be done.

Search This thread

Vengeance_7

Aug 15, 2021
Can someone tell me how I can help in this process. I really want to use custom toms on this device but there is none available till now. I wanna help.. tell me how.

Reactions: Aut0mat3d

Manugamé

Aug 31, 2018
OnePlus Nord CE 5G
Just try it. It will most likely boot. Only question is which features are broken
i'm getting this error "Resizing 'system_a' FAILED (remote: 'Not enough space to resize partition')" when i execute "fastboot flash system system-roar-arm64-ab-vanilla.img".

i used the same flash procedure as for the nord 2. (this is the first time I try to flash gsi with fastboot)

phhusson

Recognized Developer
Jul 23, 2009
Paris
k try `fastboot delete-logical-pattion product` then try again ( you do know how to get back to stock on your own? because i can't help you with that)

phhusson

Recognized Developer
Jul 23, 2009
Paris
broken feature:

- Under-display fingerprint
Hum I kinda hoped that the way I did it on OP Nord2 would work there too.
Do you know whether this is a ColorOS/Oplus vendor, or still old OnePlus vendor?
Please give me the result of `adb shell lshal`
- bluetooth media (bluetooth call works)
Try "Disable a2dp offload" in Treble Settings
Try "Use alternate way to detect headset" in Treble Settings
Hum, it works for me :/ But then I've seen other OPPO devices with broken fast charging, so that's not entirely surprising. Maybe future vendor upgrade moving to ColorOS/Oplus vendor would help.

Thanks for the report!

Reactions: Sony make.belive

Manugamé

Aug 31, 2018
OnePlus Nord CE 5G
Hum, it works for me :/ But then I've seen other OPPO devices with broken fast charging, so that's not entirely surprising. Maybe future vendor upgrade moving to ColorOS/Oplus vendor would help.
Update:
When I plug in the charger, it displays for 1 to 2 seconds "Fast charging", then it returns to "Slow charging" but it charges quickly (+- 5,500mA) so it's probably a display bug.

Reactions: Aut0mat3d

Robert7x

May 7, 2018
Hi there,

Sorry that I ask again here ...
Now that the original software can be downloaded from the official website, the lack of it can no longer be a reason why no one can make a alternative ROM, or is there still something crucial?

Is there still hope for a Lineage in the near future or is there a reason that makes the development for the CE impossible? Can someone give me information about it?

Thanks in advance!

Hi there,

Sorry that I ask again here ...
Now that the original software can be downloaded from the official website, the lack of it can no longer be a reason why no one can make a alternative ROM, or is there still something crucial?

Is there still hope for a Lineage in the near future or is there a reason that makes the development for the CE impossible? Can someone give me information about it?

Thanks in advance!
There is unofficial lineage os in the telegram group

someaguy

Mar 2, 2018
Hi everyone. since no one seems to want to make a build of lineageOS I will try doing it. I just got this device mainly because it has a headphone jack and fewer and fewer phones have that and it's sad. I just feel very uncomfortable simply to the fact that this device has all this chinese software running on it. At least with lineageOS, I can de-China the phone a bit. If I follow these instructions below, Will I be able to get lineageOS running on it?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, just wanted to let you know that there is an unofficial build of LineageOS 18.1 on the telegram group: @nordcediscussion. Unfortunately it appers to be fully stable on the India version only with some bugs for the EU and global versions. Anyway, you may start there.
    Hi, just wanted to let you know that there is an unofficial build of LineageOS 18.1 on the telegram group: @nordcediscussion. Unfortunately it appers to be fully stable on the India version only with some bugs for the EU and global versions. Anyway, you may start there.
    Can someone tell me how I can help in this process. I really want to use custom toms on this device but there is none available till now. I wanna help.. tell me how.
    That would be cool to see the treble project for this device. phhusson is working on the Nord 2, maybe on this device too.
    That would be cool to see the treble project for this device. phhusson is working on the Nord 2, maybe on this device too.
    When I say project treble i mean GSIs support
    Just try it. It will most likely boot. Only question is which features are broken