How could I root my device? (Samsung Galaxy A01) (Well explained)

Search This thread

ExqlVR

Sep 12, 2020
you can also install twrp through the flashify program from the play market
@Bread5 can you explain it? I am trying with Heimdall and I get "error 12 - can not get access to device" when I try to flash "recovery" partition name with the file. Also the file is in .tar extension, when I extract the file does not have extension.
The app Flashify requiered a .img file or .zip file... how do I transform the .tar file to this formats?

Can you explain it more, with Heimdall or Flashify?? Thank you.

EDIT: Now I do not get "error 12", now I can get my .pit file and when I try to use the recovery.tar file Heimdall says that I need a .img file. How can I get it? I am using a A015M.

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2020
Moto E6s
Moto G Play

Attachments

• photo_2021-06-15_18-16-38.jpg
    photo_2021-06-15_18-16-38.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 96
  • photo_2021-06-15_18-16-45.jpg
    photo_2021-06-15_18-16-45.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 96
  • photo_2021-06-15_18-17-57.jpg
    photo_2021-06-15_18-17-57.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
Reactions: VD171

VD171

Jun 21, 2012
LG K10
Samsung Galaxy J7
Hello,

Finally, I can unlock the bootloader, flash twrp and root my Samsung Galaxy A01 (a01q) (SM-A015M).
All I need is just update to Android 11 and then I can unlock the bootloader and flash the magisk patched boot.img together the patched vbmeta.img.
I can flash TWRP using the image file "TWRP_3.5.2_A015F.img" sent by @tariqa

Thank you very much ♥️

sketchscarz

this phone actually has a fastboot mode, from recover mode select reboot to bootloader, it will boot to fastboot mode, but ive still been unsucessful in getting fastboot mode to work, devices manager reports device error,
How did you start the process? Do you have the firmware backed up that you flashed? odin flash a CSC to change the region. Even if its a chinese CSC, one of the countries who developed this firmware has a way to unlock or relock the bootloader.

In my DevOps I have the ability to use 3GPP AT Commands. correct driver installation has been faulty with windows 11 upgrade, but its still 10 Home, I guess? Ive went ahead and enabled usb debugging. I figure setting up Wireless Debugging wouldn't hurt. Which may make fastboot appear as well.

In any case I have seen 1, the russians do it with their Sputnik tools, and the chinese has also been more resourceful than us in getting their bootloader unlocked, and and variant rooted.

Lets put together a compiled AP file and test differnt firmware versions to solidify a concreate custom firmware.

Im still looking

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Can you help me, mine is a 16 GB Samsung a01
    Just upgrade your device to Android 11 and do all steps for unlocking bootloader well.
    Hello,

Finally, I can unlock the bootloader, flash twrp and root my Samsung Galaxy A01 (a01q) (SM-A015M).
    All I need is just update to Android 11 and then I can unlock the bootloader and flash the magisk patched boot.img together the patched vbmeta.img.
    I can flash TWRP using the image file "TWRP_3.5.2_A015F.img" sent by @tariqa

Thank you very much ♥️
    I have not been able to unlock the bootloader or root my MetroPCS Samsung Galaxy A01 phone. I either get the "waiting for any device" problem, or fastboot returns absolutely nothing. `fastboot devices` does not list the phone the way `adb devices` does. (I will never buy any Samsung device ever again! They have proven that they are an untrustworthy company by preventing bootloader unlocking on the MetroPCS-branded A01. I strongly recommend against all Samsung products.)

Powering up with VolLow+Power (this is tricky, and NOT easily reproducible) gives the following:
    (Once in Recovery, "Reboot to bootloader" gives the same thing.)
    20210423_140753.jpg

There are 4 options in the bootloader: "START", "Restart bootloader", "Recovery mode", and "Power off".

Powering up with VolHigh+Power gives the following:
    20210423_140609.jpg

Powering up with VolLow+VolHigh+Power gives the following:
    20210423_142457.jpg

Any advice on how to root this phone would be appreciated.
    btw can that unofficial twrp for our sma015f be flashed to android 11?
    Yes of course.
    I have not been able to unlock the bootloader or root my MetroPCS Samsung Galaxy A01 phone. I either get the "waiting for any device" problem, or fastboot returns absolutely nothing. `fastboot devices` does not list the phone the way `adb devices` does. (I will never buy any Samsung device ever again! They have proven that they are an untrustworthy company by preventing bootloader unlocking on the MetroPCS-branded A01. I strongly recommend against all Samsung products.)

Powering up with VolLow+Power (this is tricky, and NOT easily reproducible) gives the following:
    (Once in Recovery, "Reboot to bootloader" gives the same thing.)
    View attachment 5288563
    There are 4 options in the bootloader: "START", "Restart bootloader", "Recovery mode", and "Power off".

Powering up with VolHigh+Power gives the following:
    View attachment 5288551

Powering up with VolLow+VolHigh+Power gives the following:
    View attachment 5288549

Any advice on how to root this phone would be appreciated.
    I too strongly recommend against all Samsung products.
    I LOVE FASTBOOT !