How do I boot into recovery mode on the Galaxy S10

Search This thread

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
That method doesn't work on my s10,it looks like Samsung killed the ability to boot into recovery using the button combination on android 11
It has to work, maybe you have to vary the timing, also you can try with tap on restart phone and keep pressing only volume up button till recovery appears.

Reactions: TiHz
I asked this question on the community section in the Samsung members app and someone told me I needed to plug in the device into my charger and then press volume up and bixby and after pressing them while keeping them pressed I need to press the power button.and Keep all the 3 buttons pressed till I am in recovery,This has worked for me

TiHz

Mar 20, 2023
Android Wear
Moto 360
tap on restart phone and keep pressing only volume up button till recovery appears.
You have no idea how grateful I am for your explanation. Everyone always says a bunch of different key combinations and timing and I ALWAYS have to google it and try many times untill I am able to reboot. But it was THIS SIMPLE ALL ALONG. Wow. This worked perfectly and only on my first try! Since there is no timing to worry about. and only one key to remember. I do normally have to have my cable connected to my PC. But now it is so simple! THANK YOU

Reactions: SubwayChamp

vjx012

Jun 25, 2023
I have had bootloops on my S10+ without access to a PC such as when I'm out with my car. But I surmised that any data connection would work, it doesn't have to be a PC, it only needs to attempt to access data through Type-C and that's it. So I tried it with my car through the inbuilt USB port which supports Android Auto and it allowed me to boot into recovery. Same with another car that can read USB sticks - stick the phone in that port and you'd be able to go into recovery.

This saved me a few times while experimenting with LineageOS (I had Google One device backups for passwords, contacts and so on, while I used Neo Backup to backup apps and data to MicroSD, also all my data is on MicroSD which means I don't care if I have to wipe internal memory) - I'd get a bootloop, and then would go to my car, connect the phone to the car and enter recovery just like with a PC, and once in recovery mode that's that, I relock the car and go back to where I was.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    That method doesn't work on my s10,it looks like Samsung killed the ability to boot into recovery using the button combination on android 11
    It has to work, maybe you have to vary the timing, also you can try with tap on restart phone and keep pressing only volume up button till recovery appears.
    tap on restart phone and keep pressing only volume up button till recovery appears.
    You have no idea how grateful I am for your explanation. Everyone always says a bunch of different key combinations and timing and I ALWAYS have to google it and try many times untill I am able to reboot. But it was THIS SIMPLE ALL ALONG. Wow. This worked perfectly and only on my first try! Since there is no timing to worry about. and only one key to remember. I do normally have to have my cable connected to my PC. But now it is so simple! THANK YOU