Question How do I connect Galaxy Watch 4 to Android Studio?

Search This thread

Mike2601

Jun 24, 2022
I am working with the wear OS sample watch faces. I can get them to run on the emulator but I can't seem to connect my watch 4 to run them on the watch. From my research I think it could be an issue with "abd" and doing something in the terminal but I've been unsuccessful. Another thing I noticed and I'm not sure if it's relevant, is that when I connect my phone with USB there is a caution symbol next to it that says warning missing watch. But I'm not sure if that's relevant. Can someone assist with connecting the watch 4? Any help is appreciated.

TacoDeMuerte

Feb 16, 2021
What happens when you try to connect with adb with the command line? Have you turned on adb debugging and wifi debugging in the developer options?

Mike2601

Jun 24, 2022
I have adb debugging on and debugging over wifi on with both phone and watch. But I don't know how to connect with abd in the command line. Can you explain the command?

Last edited:

TacoDeMuerte

Feb 16, 2021
Check the IP address of the watch, then type:

Code:
adb connect IP_ADDRESS

Then check your watch to accept the connection. Scroll down to allow permanent permission if you prefer.

Reactions: galaxys

Mike2601

Jun 24, 2022
Thank you both, I feel like I am doing something wrong with the abd command. Maybe the original file path is wrong, I am attaching a screen shot. How do I change that if that is the case? Sorry I am not a coder but I want to learn.

Attachments

• studio error.jpg
    studio error.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 29

TacoDeMuerte

Feb 16, 2021
Thank you both, I feel like I am doing something wrong with the abd command. Maybe the original file path is wrong, I am attaching a screen shot. How do I change that if that is the case? Sorry I am not a coder but I want to learn.
Make sure you have adb installed, then navigate to it's folder and run it from there. For myself the path is:

C:\Users\MY_USERNAME\AppData\Local\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools

Reactions: adfree

adfree

Jun 14, 2008
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
Outch this makes pain in my eyes... I can not read...

A

ADB

B

Easier if short readable and knowable path to ADB...

Example...

I have my ADB files in
Code:
Android/ADB

For you maybe better to copy ADB files into C... ADB folder...

Code:
C:\adb

Best Regards

Reactions: TacoDeMuerte

TacoDeMuerte

Feb 16, 2021

A

ADB

B

Example...

I have my ADB files in
Code:
Android/ADB

Code:

Best Regards
Agreed. I was having issues with it installed in a location other than the default, so I just made a shortcut to the folder so it doesn't have to be typed out every time.

Mike2601

Jun 24, 2022
Ok I have it connected with the adb command, thank you for being so patient. But for some reason it times out and never loads onto the watch when I run the app. It says it loads and I press and hold the screen to look for a new face loaded but nothing new is there. I have attached a screen shot where it then shows it timed out.

I am also attaching a screen shot of getting it to load onto the emulator, I just did that now after it timed out trying the watch.

Attachments

• studio error3.jpg
    studio error3.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 31
  • Emulator.jpg
    Emulator.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 31
ADB command is under CMD(run as admin) in windows. Before connect comand line you have to navigate to folder wher is adb program. Both pc and watch have to be on same local network. On the watch go to con exion menu and chech always connect to your wireless network. From this menu you get local ip and adress and use it in adb connect comand line.

taospirit

Jan 11, 2009
Nîmes
Hi ,
i made a batch file to connect the watch..
Put it in the adb program directory, just change the IP address with port number (192.......: port number). Run it as administrator. Look at the watch to accept. Then the watch is enable in Watchface studio.

Attachments

• adbLauncher.zip
    222 bytes · Views: 8

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Check the IP address of the watch, then type:

Code:
    adb connect IP_ADDRESS

Then check your watch to accept the connection. Scroll down to allow permanent permission if you prefer.
    You know this Video?

Maybe it helps...

Best Regards
    Make sure you have adb installed, then navigate to it's folder and run it from there. For myself the path is:

C:\Users\MY_USERNAME\AppData\Local\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools

A

ADB

B

Example...

I have my ADB files in
    Code:
    Android/ADB

Code:

Best Regards