Question How do i convert a global LE2117 BACK to the Tmobile firmware?

Search This thread

XDblox

Jun 25, 2018
OnePlus 9
the only reason why I converted to global is for faster updates, then OnePlus released oxygenos 12 and all my reasoning was gone. How do i go back?

I tried this MSM tool to see if it would help me finally get my updates to A12, but it seems like something's borked and I wind up getting the same 506MB update that claims to be c.16 but winds up being 11.2.8.8. Just a heads up, you may not get back up to date!
Do the same but with this MSM tool
I recently have problem switching to global version and had to return to tmobile and used this.

Thread 'OnePlus 9 11.2.22.2 (T-Mobile) MSM Download Tool' https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/oneplus-9-11-2-22-2-t-mobile-msm-download-tool.4276119/

Gabiru05

Aug 2, 2022
I tried this MSM tool to see if it would help me finally get my updates to A12, but it seems like something's borked and I wind up getting the same 506MB update that claims to be c.16 but winds up being 11.2.8.8. Just a heads up, you may not get back up to date!

Yes after updated this patch you will get another update notification Wich is complete of 4.8 gb.

Gabiru05

Aug 2, 2022
It's been like 3 days now lol. Is it just really that slow to get the next patch? My phone still says up to date.
Humm something strange because in my case when I bought my op9 tmobile it updated to android 12 also oxygen. then I wanted to switch to the global version and bricked my phone by this reason I went back to install using that msm that I told you to the tmobile version again and got all update from android 11 to latest android 12 and all normal.

Reactions: RockfordRocksAHD

EtherealRemnant

Sep 15, 2007
Denver, CO
You really shouldn't convert back. T-Mobile gets the slowest updates by far and there is no downside to running global or EU firmware on it.

Gabiru05

Aug 2, 2022
You really shouldn't convert back. T-Mobile gets the slowest updates by far and there is no downside to running global or EU firmware on it.
Hello Ethereal I am agree with you but probably the only reason to return to the tmobile version would be to unlock the SIM in case it has not been done or it presents a problem in the global version marking dual sim which is my case currently.

EtherealRemnant

Sep 15, 2007
Denver, CO
Do you know how can I solve problem Wich show me dual sim after switch to global room but my phone show le1125 Wich is na version. I am confuse
You can install the Magisk fix to fix that.

I use this on my global 9 to fix the issue in India and China firmwares.

Reactions: Gabiru05
Humm something strange because in my case when I bought my op9 tmobile it updated to android 12 also oxygen. then I wanted to switch to the global version and bricked my phone by this reason I went back to install using that msm that I told you to the tmobile version again and got all update from android 11 to latest android 12 and all normal.
I actually contacted T-Mobile about it and they seem baffled, so much so they tried talking to OnePlus about it and OnePlus told them my device is supposed to have 11, which I know it's not. Something feels ****y here

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220815-163241.jpg
    Screenshot_20220815-163241.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 18

If I was to switch to Global FW, is there a non-root way to fix the SIM issue? I use banking apps and a few Niantic games on my phone and they don't like root

EtherealRemnant

Sep 15, 2007
Denver, CO
If I was to switch to Global FW, is there a non-root way to fix the SIM issue? I use banking apps and a few Niantic games on my phone and they don't like root
No, there's not, but I have been successful at hiding root from every app that I have tried to hide it from so it's a moot point for me.

It seems strange that the global NA ROM is having that issue though because the global ROM isn't a dual SIM ROM. EU, IN, and CN are dual SIM but global/NA is not. I guess maybe it's because the T-Mobile variant is technically dual SIM with it just disabled?

Mehedi27

Feb 20, 2014
Oem unlocking token code missing,how to collect token code or without code how to unlock oem unlock ? OnePlus 9 5g le2117

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It's been like 3 days now lol. Is it just really that slow to get the next patch? My phone still says up to date.
    I'm also gonna trade in my phone through T-Mobile, I assume they'll still let me do it with global firmware?
    Do you know how can I solve problem Wich show me dual sim after switch to global room but my phone show le1125 Wich is na version. I am confuse